DAD-GUM VERMIN!!! *rends cloths, gnashes teeth*

Options
I have about 10 bug bites on my legs and they are driving me CRAZY. Guess that's the price I pay for wrestling with my little cousins in the yard on Monday.

What's with all the insects lately!?! I mean it was like one day there weren't any and then all of a sudden they were like, 'Winter's over! Sweet, there's the J-buffet, BON APPETITE!!!'

*sigh*

*scratch scratch scratch*

I hate bugs. :frown:

Replies

• sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    I have about 10 bug bites on my legs and they are driving me CRAZY. Guess that's the price I pay for wrestling with my little cousins in the yard on Monday.

What's with all the insects lately!?! I mean it was like one day there weren't any and then all of a sudden they were like, 'Winter's over! Sweet, there's the J-buffet, BON APPETITE!!!'

*sigh*

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    But you made some wonderful memories for your little cousins. :happy:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Yup....we have tiger mosquitos here. They are out ALL day no matter what the weather and are really agressive. Do you have those.....little black & white ones? Sometimes now we just opt to stay in, which is pretty depressing.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

*sigh*

:smooched:

*pat pat*

I'm grabbing the anti-itch cream and coming over... help is oooon the way!
  • Amanda4825
    Amanda4825 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    you can say that again i woke up with 2 bites i must have gotten from taken the dog out... :grumble:
  • dogwdots
    dogwdots Posts: 146
    Options
    There is some really good bug repellent called Fisherman's Friend. It is very strong, but I spray it on my clothes rather than my skin when i need some heavy duty protection. It is 99% deet. I used it when I went to Alaska and never got a bite once - everyone was surprised.

To help stop the itching, dab on some vanilla (like for cooking) - yes, it really works - I think because of the alcohol in it maybe.
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    There is some really good bug repellent called Fisherman's Friend. It is very strong, but I spray it on my clothes rather than my skin when i need some heavy duty protection. It is 99% deet. I used it when I went to Alaska and never got a bite once - everyone was surprised.

To help stop the itching, dab on some vanilla (like for cooking) - yes, it really works - I think because of the alcohol in it maybe.

Hmm...I'll give that a try, thanks! :bigsmile:
  • mickie
    mickie Posts: 183
    Options
    WE HAVE MOSQUITOES OUT ALREADY UP HERE TOO (Michigan) BUT I WOULD TOLERATE THE BUGS TO LIVE IN NORTH CAROLINA LIKE YOU!!! MY FAMILY VACATIONS THERE EVERY YEAR (Topsail Island). TRY AND HAVE A GOOD DAY ANYWAY...BITES AND ALL.:glasses:
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    Bugs are the only down fall of summer. I still take it over the 10 feet in 2 weeks of snow this winter.
    Not to gross you out but saliva works to help the itch when your not close to another remedy.
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options

Hmm...I'll give that a try, thanks! :bigsmile:

hmmm vanilla interesting at least if it doesnt work you will smell like a cookie ..... you think the girls were stalking you before.... just wait:smooched:

jackie
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Skeeters love me too, but won't touch my hubby. So not fair. Guess my blood tastes better.:smile: Bugs have seemed worse this year. We are having trouble with ticks too - gross. I love where we live, but I guess it is one of the drawbacks of living in the woods. As someone else mentioned, it's a small price we pay for the privilege of living in NC.:smile:

P.S. My daughter said to tell you not to scratch it makes it worse - she should know; they love her too and she scratches until they bleed. Hope the itching goes away soon.
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Skeeters love me too, but won't touch my hubby. So not fair. Guess my blood tastes better.:smile: Bugs have seemed worse this year. We are having trouble with ticks too - gross. I love where we live, but I guess it is one of the drawbacks of living in the woods. As someone else mentioned, it's a small price we pay for the privilege of living in NC.:smile:

P.S. My daughter said to tell you not to scratch it makes it worse - she should know; they love her too and she scratches until they bleed. Hope the itching goes away soon.

Thank you baby fitnessluvr...I shall do as I am directed....(or at least try...*scratch scratch scatch*)
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    bugs....I hear they are high in protein. :laugh:
    That is why I live where I do. No need for spray here.
    Went across country last year-I met a lot of bugs. Traveled with a few ticks here and there too.
    sounds like you had a good time.
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options

My Bro-in-law was camping this weekend and was getting feasted upon until he put on vanilla.
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Options
    I too am covered in bug bites :grumble: from working out in the yard all weekend. I'm sitting here at work very itchy, I'm afraid people are gonna think I have fleas or something:embarassed:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Yeah I hear ya..not a fan of bugs myself. Where we live we have to use OFF Backwoods with DEET.. I know some say DEET is bad..but we have a lot of ticks ..especially Deer ticks.. Which I had never heard of till we moved here from the city and I pulled one off my then 3 yr old daughter.She ended up getting the bullseye rash and Lyme disease and was sick all summer . So DEET it is for us
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

My Bro-in-law was camping this weekend and was getting feasted upon until he put on vanilla.

okay I love vanilla....hate mosquitoes....I'm trying it....thanks! They love me and my son too...its hard being so sweet....gag!

oh we have another concern where I live...the darn triple E...killed a young boy 9 a few years back who lived a few cities away...so my son gets the full treatment before he goes out and I make him come in at dusk which he is not very fond of! sigh...they say the bats are dying off around here and they are foodies for squitos! :tongue: so we'll have a ton too...come on vanilla...do your wonders!!! lol

hugs!
    ali
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options

*sigh*

Are they the "noseeums"? They itch like crazy! Hope it stops soon!