I knew this would work.....

Options
....and so far its been successful. I've been tracking through this website for a couple of months and have lost 9 kg (20lb) so far, and only have 3 kg to go for my goal weight. The logic behind tracking calories is indiputable, and when combined with an attempt to get all of your nutritional needs within that budget, AND HAVE A BEER OR 2 - means that this has finally been a method for achieving that desired weight loss/liveable lifestyle balance. Without the diary function I dont think I could manage it.
The other thing I wanted to say was that its not only for people who are very big. I was only 87kg (190lb) (and 5'8") to start with, but still felt the ignominy of being defined as a person by my weight by all sorts of people. My body self esteem is returning and I feel I can hold my head up with confidence now.
Going to the gym I guess compliments the process, could there not be some calorie allowance for strength training?

Cheers mbkfireman

Replies

• FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    congratulation :) im very proud of you :)
    i hope it works the same for me also <3
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yes! There is an allowance for strength training, but you have to enter it under the cardio section. You've done quite well for someone who's just been lurking, imagine what you can do now that you're out!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!
  • mbkfireman
    Options
    I dont know about lurking...
  • pixietwilight
    pixietwilight Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Good deal and that is a healthy attitude on a lifestyle change and budgeting your calories so you don't feel deprived. I'm with you on the weight training thing, there should be a calorie amount allotted to different exercises and intensity levels.
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    Thats great =]