The Daniel Fast

Options
Some girls in my hall are doing the Daniel Fast. It's primarily for spiritual growth but the diet consists of fruits, vegetables, and nuts. That's basically it, for one week. My diet before this was pretty good, but since I started I feel sick constantly. Has anyone done this diet, or have any idea why it's making me feel so sick? I feel significantly fuller than usual, but uncomfortably full and I basically just want to throw up all day. What is this!?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Your body telling you to stop being so silly and to go back to eating normally.
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    ^^^i dont know whats so silly about it...she sounds more silly than the diet. 3 amazing foods that give you all kinds of nutrients..? I dont know why you would get sick though thats weird!
  • AnonymousFilly
    Options
    your body might just not be used to it. i became a vegan for a while and when i first started i got sick. after a while i decided i should eat meat again and when i started eating meat again i got really really sick.
  • topshopperwantabe
    topshopperwantabe Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    maybe you feel bloated from all the fiber you are not use to consuming? just saying.
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just looked up the Daniel Fast and it said you can eat all legumes and all whole grains (except leavened bread.) I don't see why it would cause you problems.

Most of the things you can't eat are things that aren't really good for you anyway.
  • Studiousone75
    Studiousone75 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Some thoughts---maybe one of the foods you are eating now you haven't eaten before. Maybe your body is trying to adjust to the new food or even just the specific mixture of foods you are eating.

Another thought is that you are eating more really nutritious good food as a higher percentage of your diet and your body is trying to adjust to this extra richness of good food and make use of the extra nutrition.

My experience: I started taking food-based supplements that had missing nutrients not in standard grocery food but they were in abundance in regular foods grown a century ago, and for three weeks, my body wanted to go to bed much earlier in the evening. I had to surrender and go to sleep. I also didn't feel as good, either. In the meantime, the body was using the nutrients to repair itself, and then after three weeks, I became more wide awake later in the evenings and operated at a higher healthy stamina level after that..

EDITED TO ADD:

Another thought is that you might be allergic to a food. It may be a good idea to observe carefully to see what food might be causing the problem and address it..