Expensive NSV!

Options
I ordered my wedding dress in September and this is what it looked like on me when I tried it on.

firstback.jpg
Back

IMG953884.jpg
front

Yesterday, the actual dress came in. So, I had to go back to the store to try it on. I was happily surprised that it was WAY TOO BIG! I think I may need some alterations.

firstfittingback.jpg
back now

firstfittingfront.jpg
front now

Replies

• NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yay, congrats. Thats an nsv Id be more then happy to pay for lol.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    WOW
    hope they can fix it
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Way to go and congratulations on both the loss and the wedding!
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your dress!

Luckily, a good seamstress can take it in about two dress sizes, and that corset back will really help. Man, that's a gorgeous dress. I absolutely love it.

You should post new pictures from the final fitting so you can see them side by side. :)
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    You are going to be one stunning bride!!
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    wow!! You need a whole NEW SIZE or TWO!! Congrats! You have obviously worked incredibly hard!!! I know it is not easy, but you are doing it! You look gorgeous....have a fantastic wedding and marriage :happy:
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Beautiful dress for a beautiful bride!!! This is an awesome NSV!!!
  • ggrushing
    ggrushing Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A very lovely bride! Your weight loss is fantastic.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! That wedding better be soon or you're gonna have to sell that one and buy a new size. A seamstress can only do so much!
  • 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    that is a wonderful NSV :) well done.
    What a stunning dress! We will be waiting for the updated pics
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You look lovely in all your pictures!
  • futurestarz
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm excited, but a little nervous about the alterations.I'm not getting married for 7 months, and I plan on losing at least 20 more lbs...hopefully more.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I would wait another three months then to get it altered. I think 4 months before your wedding to get it altered is plenty enough time and gives you some time to lose some more weight.

BTW you look fabulous and the dress is gorgeous!
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Wow well done!! Huge difference. The bridesmaids dress I wore for my sister's wedding was fitted just 6 weeks before the day, and when it came to the day it didn't fit me at all - I had to keep hitching it up. So make sure you get a seamstress who can do alterations a week or two out from your big day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!