Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred?

Options

Replies

• amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I just did Level 1 Day 1 yesterday and will do Day 2 tonight. I'm also jogging, so not sure how if I'll be able to do both simultaneously every single day. My upper arms are a little sore but not as bad as I thought they'd be. I'll probably be singing a different tune tomorrow after doing it another day. I only have 5 lb dumbells, and wish I had a little smaller, but at least it's a challenge. Also, if you don't have a HRM, what's the best way to estimate calories burned on MFP? Yesterday I called it cicuit training.
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Question: I feel dumb asking this, but so far my exercise has been limited to my FitBit sync.

Someone above said how many calories they burned doing the 30-day shred. I went to the exercises, but didn't come up with anything in the database. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!
  • marialleras
    Options
    I started it on Saturday could not do it on Sunday I was so sore was really upset cause I wanted to do it so bad but my arms and legs where killing me even to sit down, but I am not giving up I am doing it today after work again I know I can do it and after I was done I felt good :smile: good luck to you :wink:
  • Ndtaber9211
    Ndtaber9211 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am starting 30ds today and plan to do it 30 days straight.

Feel free to add me!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    My legs are a little sore today but I aim to do level 1 day 2 tonight after work!

and thanks all for the tips re lunges, will give the chair a go and thanks for the help regarding how the 30DS works.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    oh and to add the calories burned, I read on another thread there if you to exercise and cardio, then search for Circuit training and use that.
  • AraLiaMoonBeam
    Options
    been doing it 2-3 weeks, its great esp abs. showing a real improvement. =)
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am SO glad I started this work out! I feel totally exhausted but also energized after I finish! It's been really great! Granted I'm only on Day 2 of Level 1 but I am loving it.
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started this 2 days ago mostly because there is alot of posting on this dvd set on MFP and people are seeing tons of results. I can tell you after completing day 2 I am fairly sore and I have been working out doing other stuff fairly steadily for 5 months and can tell that if I keep this up things will change. Feel free to add me.
  • mewzalard
    mewzalard Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just did lvl 1 day 2! i hope i dont need to go upstairs for a while today - my legs are so sore!

When have people started to see results? i'm seriously resisting the urge to measure myself :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • a_crotty
    a_crotty Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 3 of 30DS, I took Sunday off so I'll be doing it 6 days a week. I really like the workout, it kills the abs and legs but I know it'll be well worth it.
  • Ashsmith07
    Ashsmith07 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just did this workout last night. I definitely feel like its challenging. I'm always sore for days after any Jillian workout. The only discouraging thing is I usually seem to see a weight gain on the scale the next day rather than weight loss. I feel like this is probably just muscle but its frustrating. Also, I never know how to track this in myfitnesspal exercises.
  • mewzalard
    mewzalard Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been putting it as circuit training - general.

I've done day 2 and lost .2lbs.... i'm trying to keep in mind i want to lose inches, as well as weight :smile: resisting getting the tape measure out for now :wink: :laugh:
  • BOLO4Hagatha
    BOLO4Hagatha Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I started 30DS last week on Nov. 6th. I plan on doing it everyday for 30days since on Dec.6th, my company has their annual holiday party and I leave for vacation on the 13th. I heard that this vid gives great results so its my last ditch effort to lose as many inches as possible.

Today will be L1 D6 for me. Will try to go to 6-8lbs weights and hopefully by L2, I can progress to 10lbs weights. Currently, I use 4lbs weights.

I noticed some people were asking what the schedule for this is, and according to Jillian, she recommends to do two days of 30DS, 1 day cardio, two days of 30DS, 1 day cardio and rest. But again, its up to you how you want to proceed.
  • floralpanties
    Options
    http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac53/floralpanties/20204_314620178638001_1216167156_n.jpg

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac53/floralpanties/293851_314620381971314_153254417_n.jpg

The one on the left is the before pic, after pic on the right.
    I didn't complete all 30 days tho, only did 2 days of level 3.

Hope this give you guys some motivation! Keep pushing and you'll see results! Don't focus too much on the scale tho, I was 53kg in the before pic and 51.5kg in the after pic, but there's a lot of diff.
  • RunionX4
    Options
    I just did lvl 1 day 2! i hope i dont need to go upstairs for a while today - my legs are so sore!

When have people started to see results? i'm seriously resisting the urge to measure myself :blushing: :bigsmile:

I did day 2 yesterday and I measured myself today cause I could already feel like I had some results and sure enough I did. I lost another .6 lbs. I am sure this has a lot to do with my diet as well as exercise but I felt great about it anyway. LOL Go ahead and measure and weigh. It's not going to hurt anything just don't get discouraged if you don't see any change because the change will come.
  • RunionX4
    Options
    I just did this workout last night. I definitely feel like its challenging. I'm always sore for days after any Jillian workout. The only discouraging thing is I usually seem to see a weight gain on the scale the next day rather than weight loss. I feel like this is probably just muscle but its frustrating. Also, I never know how to track this in myfitnesspal exercises.

Jillian Micheals has a formula for figuring out the calories burned. It's a little complicated and it might change due to the amount of weights you are using and the intensity of the work out you are doing. Do a search for something like "how many calories do you burn doing 30 day shred" and you'll find all kinds of answers and sites to use and also telling you to get a heart rate monitor. I generally enter a lower # in case I figured wrong. :wink:
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I did it the month of October and lost 26 yes 26 inches.. No weight pin the scale, but if i had done cardio that religiously i think i would have easily lost 15 lbs.. Its hell.. But it felt so good to rip my muscles up and to hurt and be sore the first 3 days. Do it do it do our...
  • tammy303
    Options
    i done it a few times, its a good work out, i live in the apartment and the people who live under me got mad at me, when i did the jumping jacks, so i had to change my workout video where there is less jumping,
  • kellymoffat
    kellymoffat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all! So glad you are considering 30DS. I just finished Day 5 on Level 1 and feel so much better. I'm noticing that I'm getting a little bit more muscle definition (it might just be my imagination) and my endurance is definitely getting better. Feel free to join the group I'm in. It is called 30 Day Shred Challenge. I found it a few days ago and am loving that I have a place to post what I've done. The challenge is from October - December, leaving room for rest days and when life gets in the way. Also, go ahead and add me if you want.. just mention that you saw me on here. Good luck to you in your journey!