Infomercial Fitness

jcm214
jcm214 Posts: 157
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I always get sucked into watching infomercials and was wondering if anyone was having any luck with anything advertised out there. At one point, probably 5 years ago, I tried Mari Winsor and Billy Blanks but was never that into either of them.

I haven't really started exercising yet on this go around, so I'm collecting all types of info and weighing my options before I spend money.

Replies

• thebatacs
    thebatacs Posts: 20 Member
    I absolutely LOVE Turbo Jam!! It is on Beachbody, and I am not a coach, but there are many that are on this site, so I would see if you can peg one of them. There are a couple of feeds out there, so just type it in the search option, and you will see a ton of people singing its praises. I know there are people out there that like the Slim in 6 from Beachbody as well, but I am not a fan. It is really repeatitive... Turbo is very high energy and has great music, so it keeps me motivated.
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    I bought Turbo Jam as well and got completely hooked, so much that I'm now an exercising frantic :tongue:

Also from BeachBody, I got some P90 Master series DVDs but I'm lacking motivation to do them.

Most recent purchase is Brazil Butt Lift which is great !

BeachBody products are on the expensive side, but you don't just get a 30 minutes DVD, you get a complete program that contains many DVDs, food plans, training schedules and most of the time some accessories like weighted gloves or bands. Plus they all come with a 30-days money back guarantee.
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    I purchased Beachbody's Power 90 videos for about $60 for all four phases plus special bonus video. You do cardio one day and work out with weights the next. I have had success with this program. It was kind of hard for me to do some of the moves at first because of my size but everyday I do them I feel stronger. People are noticing the difference too. I didn't tell any of my sisters that I was trying to lose weight and one of my sisters stopped into where I work and the first thing out of her mouth was "you are losing weight!" That sure felt good and helps give me motivation to keep going.
  • Karna6e
    Karna6e Posts: 57
    I do P90X and Insanity, both from Beachbody. I'm on my 3rd month of the 90 day program with P90X and still struggle through the DVD's (I wasn't in the best shape before). They're not for beginners (well, they can be, you just can't get frustrated and have to learn to modify) and they require "extreme" motivation to keep going through them. I will say I'm loving the results of them though.

They can be time restrictive, either program can take between 40 to 90 minutes every day depending on what exercise you're doing.
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Thanks for the info! It looks like I have some research to do!
This discussion has been closed.