i wish i had an inspiring story...

Options
i wish i could tell you that i was once 500 lbs and couldn't move, or that i over came an illness or disability to get where i am.

but the truth is that i was fat and lazy, and one day i didn't want to be fat and lazy anymore.

Replies

• miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    hey that's motivating enough for me!
  • brooshie
    brooshie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    that's my story too. i was fat, and then i decided it was time to not be fat.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Same here. You're not alone. Deciding to change your life and acting on it is definitely still inspiring. Don't sell yourself short for one minute! :flowerforyou:
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    And so we see, you don't have to be in a risky place healthywise to decide to get fit. You can decide any day. If you haven't decided yet, make today that day.

Captain Batman is the next name you'll earn.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    You see a problem. You know fixing it is possible and well within your reach. You work hard, you see results. If that's not an inspiring story, I don't know what is! Well done.
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It's still inspring to those who are over being fat and lazy!
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    Same here...Just needed to get back in check. I'm proud to have lost 33lbs. I'm proud of anyone who want to lose any amount of weight. I support your efforts, and hope for the same in return.

:drinker:
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    i wish i could tell you that i was once 500 lbs and couldn't move, or that i over came an illness or disability to get where i am.

but the truth is that i was fat and lazy, and one day i didn't want to be fat and lazy anymore.

It's good you feel good now, and obviously you worked for it, were motivated, and did it.

I have a feeling you've edited a lot out, though.
  • StyxxandStones
    Options
    I wish I didn't have a story. I promise you that it is way better to do it your way than mine. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, Danny.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me, too. Unfortunately, it was diabetes that gave me a kick in the head.
  • 1TenaciousGirl
    Options
    The inspiration comes in setting and achieving the goal. Good work for following through on a decision to change your life.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

It's good you feel good now, and obviously you worked for it, were motivated, and did it.

what do you mean??
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Thats inspiring enough for me. I think its actually harder to get over the lazyness without some big life changing scare to kick you in the butt. Just deciding 'no, enough!' for me is harder to do.
  • jjpavio
    jjpavio Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think "no story" is what makes the journey so many of us are on an awe inspiring journey. Doing what needs to be done, just because we know it needs to be done is having integrity. When we help others overcome hurdles, we find it heroic and inspirational. Guess what? It's heroic and inspirational when we do the same thing for ourselves!

To help myself remember it, I remind myself that I won't be able to help others and be the kind of parent, spouse, friend, etc. if I'm not healthy enough to do so. I'm not always 100% successful with this, but that's why we're on FP, to give one another the "leg up" we all need. Keep going!
  • IamBlackMamba
    Options
    I think "no story" is what makes the journey so many of us are on an awe inspiring journey. Doing what needs to be done, just because we know it needs to be done is having integrity. When we help others overcome hurdles, we find it heroic and inspirational. Guess what? It's heroic and inspirational when we do the same thing for ourselves!

To help myself remember it, I remind myself that I won't be able to help others and be the kind of parent, spouse, friend, etc. if I'm not healthy enough to do so. I'm not always 100% successful with this, but that's why we're on FP, to give one another the "leg up" we all need. Keep going!

*like*
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options

what do you mean??

Just that you probably have a longer story, as well as the short one you posted (like everyone else).

Idk, I don't really believe anyone's lazy. Or, I'd call 'lazy' something else. I'm thinking there were probably lots of reasons you gained, and lots more behind the weight loss. Most people do not actually prefer to be overweight and bored and maybe unhappy, it's just there's a knowledge gap between that and what they do want. The wrong environment. Insufficient motivation (and of course that part's really personal). Those three things have to line up to make change happen. Maybe sometimes it's down to will, but even behind that it's a lot of little things adding up at the right time.

(I guess I don't like the idea that the reason behind people not losing, or struggling with it, is some moral thing, I just don't see it that way.)

But from one point of view, sure, there's a moment where things come together and you push forward. And that is an accomplishment, absolutely.
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    I write fictional inspiring stories in my spare time. For a small fee, I could write one, and personalize it to your situation! Let me know, I will send you a short questionnaire to get me started.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    There's definitely more to your story but you're awesome just the same
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm even less inspiring than you, as I was never fat. I just decided that I wanted to never get fat and in general be healthier.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have the story. Believe me I wish I didn't! I wish I would have figured this out before I got to 450 pounds! You inspire me because your doing something about it now before you get that bad!! Anyone who gets fit and healthy is inspiring! Don't sell yourself short!!