Fell of the wagon! Why why WHY

Options
Well today sucked.:angry: I fell off the wagon landed on a couple of chocolate bars ate those.:frown: Got up tripped over a piece of pizza, Just had to try a bite or 2 or 3 or 4, well what the hell I just ate the whole piece. By the time I was done I was over by 1000 cals.:sick: How is that even possible. :sick:
To bad there wasn't a smiley getting a *kitten* whooping on here. Thats what I need right now.
On the brighter side if there is one. I did walk my 2 miles and did my strength training exercises.
Why does a person do this when they are seeing results? I didn't deprive myself just always stuck to my Calories.

Replies

• Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    :cry:
  • Missyann68
    Missyann68 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you figure out the answer will you let me know. I did the exact same thing today :(
  • dellalyn
    Options
    It's hard that's why. We have all spent a lot of time eating too much and things that aren't that great for us. It takes time to make changes and we are all going to fall off the wagon from time to time.
    Maybe you had some stuff going on and were eating to fill the void, avoid frustration, just felt hungry, just wanted what you wanted - there are lots of reasons - and maybe it was none of these.
    The important thing is to not beat yourself up. Being mean to ourselves doesn't help.
    BUT - don't do it again tomorrow. Once in a while is not going to derail your progress. By once in a while I mean every few months.
    Don't make it a habit. Don't do it every week.
    Tomorrow is a new day.
    Make it yours!
  • Missyann68
    Missyann68 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great advice Dellalyn!! Thank you!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a bad day once in a while. Just think of today as a treat(pizza and chocolate yum!) and get right back to eating healthy. I you make today the exception and not the norm you'll keep making progress!:flowerforyou:
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    It happens from time to time. There are times I go over on my calories, too. Maybe fast foods, pizza or something else fattening and/or high in calories, you name it. This happened when I first came to MFP. It is getting better, though. Once in a while, I can eat a snack size candy bar and that is ok or some other sweet and that is fine. I guess it's a matter of finding balance and staying within your calories.

Fiber one bars are only 90 calories and they are pretty good. I try to eat fruits, but then there are those times I want something sweet.

You are still doing pretty good. Keep up the good work and don't let one bad day throw you off.
  • Hustler2g3
    Options
    Awe! This is a journey and it is not easy! But the most important thing to do is not "beat yourself up" accept it and move on! Next time figure out the calories of the pizza and try to burn of the exact amount of calories. "Dont cry over spilled milk" you already ate the pizza so the best thing to do is burn it off.
  • Ghette
    Options
    Thanks Dellalyn. :flowerforyou: Something did happen today I just never linked it to my over eating until I seen what you had wrote.
    A student that I was working with had an accident and was sent to the hospital. He is fine but I keep replaying and seeing it in my head. Where were you 5 hours ago I could of saved 1000 cals maybe.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    A lapse is NOT a relapse. I would implode if I didn't have those days on occasion. Sometimes your body needs some good old comfort food. One day does not make or break the journey. Just another stepping stone! Enjoy at the time, don't feel guilty, and move on! Dwelling never helps any situation. You're not off the wagon; you're still on it, you just stopped for some eats.
  • Ghette
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I just got back on the wagon in June and have never messed up until now. If I went over it was by 50 - 100cals and I just walked it off. This just was a scare. I don't want my old life style back.
  • Sandy307
    Sandy307 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You asked the question..."Why" the answer to that my friend is...because we are human!!! Now....you get right back on that wagon and continue your journey, you are doing great and just one off day isn't going to spoil all your hard work. We have all been there, some of us more than once, but, as I was told a few weeks ago when it happened to me, don't beat yourself up....get back on track as fast as possible and get going in the right direction...

By the way, I really love your sense of humour. I would love to see you write an inspirational column from time to time, perhaps using a conversation between your will power and that piece of pizza, I think you could go places with that lol!!

You take care, and hang in there.

((((hugs)))) Sandy307
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Try not to think of it as falling off the wagon. If you had a big day today, just reduce your calories over the next couple of days to spread out the deficit. That way by the end of a week, your average per day over a longer period of time will balance out.
  • Ghette
    Options
    (((Sandy))) Thanks. That sense of humour gets me into trouble lots believe me. :bigsmile:
  • Ghette
    Options
    Thanks, Notenough. I will try my best to do just that.
  • NicholAshmore
    NicholAshmore Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Saw this saying on Pinterest...."a few "bad" days cant ruin a weight loss plan....only giving up can do that. Just keep going and you'll get there"
  • Ghette
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The support on MFP is awesome.:smile:
  • schreiber2
    Options
    Once in a 5 month span is not a bad thing. You have a goal and your working toward it. Apparently your body was needing something so your cravings took over. Make your your eating well balanced and forget about it. ITS done and over. move forward and work toward your goal.
  • Ghette
    Options
    :smile: