Does anyone ever submit their recipes to the database?

Options
jigglewiggles
jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
I was recently inputting a recipe into the database to make it easier for me to log it, and noticed that it gave me the option to make it public. It gives this message:

"We are currently accepting submissions to the MyFitnessPal recipe database. Once we receive enough submissions, we'll create a recipe section where users can browse recipes submitted by other members. To submit your recipe to the database, please provide the following additional information."

I think this is a great idea, and was hoping that more people would actually input their recipes into the database so that mfp will create a searchable recipe section.

Replies

• postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I did until I realized that they would own my recipe so I took them all out. If they put out a cookbook, they wouldn't credit or pay me and I'm not that generous with my creations. ;)
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I did until I realized that they would own my recipe so I took them all out. If they put out a cookbook, they wouldn't credit or pay me and I'm not that generous with my creations. ;)

Good to know. I started to enter one and found it was way too much trouble so I stopped.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

Good to know. I started to enter one and found it was way too much trouble so I stopped.

Lol, me too!
  • WatercoloredDreams
    Options
    I submitted one, its low-fat, low-carb, low-calorie vegetarian lentil soup recipe. :)
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I agree, it is a lot of trouble, and that is a very good point you made about them owning your recipe.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I don't, no reason necessarily, just don't.
  • monis01
    monis01 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've been adding recipes lately. The whole "ownership" thing is dumb..... But, I figured it's a good way for me to keep track of my OWN food. Yes, It can be a hassle....
  • Janay333
    Janay333 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't make my recipes "public". I just use the recipe section to figure out how many calories are in my favorite recipes that I have been using for years. It really helps me portion them correctly. I'm happy that MFP has that function.
  • missjones93
    missjones93 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I don't make them public - too much trouble. Just use them to figure my calories per meal at home.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

What I mean is I don't check the little box that says "submit to database." I put in recipes all the time just for me; it's a great tool if you cook a lot.
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    i keep mine private makes it easier to log a meal that contains many ingredients
  • CandyAppleCockers
    CandyAppleCockers Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Same.. Ienter my ingredients so I too know exactly what I ate, and the macros on it.. but I tried to submit one and let it be public. I got 3/4 through accidentally hit back and it got wiped. Was a lot of effort.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I also keep mine private. Not that I really mind anyone else using my recipes but I don't bother with putting spices in there unless they are in huge amounts so the recipes may not be of use anyway.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I've never made mine public but I have pages of my own recipes entered in for my own use.

I didn't know about making them public though, I might do that on a couple in the future. Good healthy recipes. I have no issue sharing them.