Pain in my hip and upper quad

Options
I don't really know how to explain this exactly but the upper part of my thigh (not my quad, like the muscle next to it on the inside of your thigh) have been hurting during exercise and I am afraid I might pull it., and it hurts at times when I am working out.

First, does anyone know what I may be doing to cause such pain ( I play racquetball, run, and do circuit training)?

Second, are there any stretches that will help with this muscle to keep me from pulling it?

Replies

• awoilwef
    awoilwef Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's a groin pull. They're not just for guys.
  • anaodep
    Options
    Groin pull. I've had one on and off for a few months. As soon as I think it's healed, it just comes right back. Hurts like a b****. I'm sorry you're having to go through this and hope it goes away for you faster than for me.
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you strained your groin too. It should feel better in a week or two if you don't keep aggravating it. Once it is feeling better over all, start doing stretches like sit down on the floor with your legs as far apart as you can get them and then gently lean forward (reaching with your navel and not hunching your back and reaching with your head). Remember that you have to warm up more during the colder months.
  • anaodep
    Options
    Here are some stretches for it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXTkkrSRXkc

Good luck!
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your posts and help! I really appreciate it and tried some of these things yesterday before my run and had NO pain! :)