MFP Runner's Club - May 28

Options
kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning!

I ran 5 miles this morning. With the humidity, my weather can be described as "juicy" today.

Have a good run everyone
-Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    Options
    Good morning!

I ran 5 miles this morning. With the humidity, my weather can be described as "juicy" today.

Have a good run everyone
    -Kechie.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Kechie.....you rock, girl. Good job on your run this morning. I haven't gone yet and I'm not feeling like going yet. It's gloomy and gray outside and I'm feeling the same way. My husband was up early this morning and I'm just ready to go back to bed. I don't usually run until the afternoon anyway, so I have some time to pep up until then. Happy trails everybody!
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Good morning Pam

It is gray here too. It rained last night. Trust me. I did not want to go either. I put my workout clothes on and then I helped my family get off to work and school. The minute they left I made myself walk out the door. I feel so much better now. Just do it! You'll be so happy you did!

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Kechie!!! bow.gif

I have to wait until later tonight to go since hubs is working late. Hoping to get 4 miles in though. :smile: I'm feeling like sister-Pam though & just want to go back to bed! :yawn:

Seize the day!! :smooched:
  • pam0206
    Options
    Ok. Ok. <<<<<<rolling eyes>>>>>>>

I know you're both right.............................I'll feel better if I just go.:yawn:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    ugh, I wanted to go out so bad this morning. My baby girl kept me up most of the night again (night terrors).:yawn:
    I guess I'll take today off and run tomorrow.

Why is it that when I don't run or do cardio, all I want to do is eat. When I exercise, I'm a saint but take the day off and I'm willing to stuff a whole loaf of bread down my throat!!! :grumble:
  • pam0206
    Options
    Sorry about the earlier reply. I think I relasped into my passive/aggressive teenage years........:laugh:

Mireille, I'm with you! I feel like I've been on a rampage the last couple of days eating-wise. I'm usually like this the week before my TOM, but I thought it was a little too early for that....maybe not. Most of the time when I run, I don't crave food as much as when I don't run. I don't know if it's just mental or something physiological or perhaps both.

Sorry about your daughter. I hate night terrors for the babies. They are so real to them and there's not much you can do for them. :flowerforyou:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    ugh, I wanted to go out so bad this morning. My baby girl kept me up most of the night again (night terrors).:yawn:

Why is it that when I don't run or do cardio, all I want to do is eat. When I exercise, I'm a saint but take the day off and I'm willing to stuff a whole loaf of bread down my throat!!! :grumble:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You make me laugh! I could shove a whole loaf of bread down my throat at any given time, exercise or not!
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    Well, I was going to blow off running today. I ran 5 days in a row and then took Monday off, ran 4.5 miles yesterday and was going to take today off just to be lazy. But no....you guys are so peppy about the run I am actually feeling guilty about sitting here on my couch and enjoying some lazy time. I should be running....unfortunately I have to go on my treadmill because I have my kindergartner home today. :sad: It's so pretty outside...I would love to run outdoors but I guess running on the treadmill is still better then what I am doing right now......NOTHING!!! Ok...here I go!:grumble:
  • pam0206
    Options
    Well, I was going to blow off running today. I ran 5 days in a row and then took Monday off, ran 4.5 miles yesterday and was going to take today off just to be lazy. But no....you guys are so peppy about the run I am actually feeling guilty about sitting here on my couch and enjoying some lazy time. I should be running....unfortunately I have to go on my treadmill because I have my kindergartner home today. :sad: It's so pretty outside...I would love to run outdoors but I guess running on the treadmill is still better then what I am doing right now......NOTHING!!! Ok...here I go!:grumble:

YOU GO, BABE!!!
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I got up at 5:50 and did my 3 1/2 miles. I thought about cutting it short but then I would have to tell y'all about it :laugh: . You are all inspiring.
  • kechiemc
    Options

You are my hero! I too have a kindergartener. It is challenging for me to do something for mommy when she is at home. You ROCK.

Enjoy your run
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    I got up at 5:50 and did my 3 1/2 miles. I thought about cutting it short but then I would have to tell y'all about it :laugh: . You are all inspiring.

I love this board. Good for you! That is awesome.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options

Hi Mireille

Sorry you were up with kiddo. That is tough. Btw, you are so funny ("stuff a whole loaf of bread down my throat"). Thanks for making me lol.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • buckeyebabe
    Options
    OK...I did it. I compromised though....I only ran 3.5 miles. I am definitely taking tomorrow off, I always take Thursdays off as I volunteer in my sons' elementary school all day every Thursday.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and push to get out there. I do feel better after running! You gotta love endorphins!! Plus, now I can eat one of the triple chocolate and caramel brownies I made for my family yesterday!! Watch out chocolate....here I come! :tongue:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    OK...I did it. I compromised though....I only ran 3.5 miles. I am definitely taking tomorrow off, I always take Thursdays off as I volunteer in my sons' elementary school all day every Thursday.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and push to get out there. I do feel better after running! You gotta love endorphins!! Plus, now I can eat one of the triple chocolate and caramel brownies I made for my family yesterday!! Watch out chocolate....here I come! :tongue:

Yay!:drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Well...day got screwed up & I just ran 4.6 miles. :drinker:

Kitchen - beware!!!!!! :devil:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    OH WOW I have forgotten to LOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will start fresh here with my log. I woke up a lil early cause I was gona walk with a dear friend but I wanted to run first so I just did 3 miles, just a nice fast 3 miles. I am gonna atart logging my running again I swear!!!
  • Shannon023
    Options
    OH WOW I have forgotten to LOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will start fresh here with my log. I woke up a lil early cause I was gona walk with a dear friend but I wanted to run first so I just did 3 miles, just a nice fast 3 miles. I am gonna atart logging my running again I swear!!!

Don't forget to log!!!! Gotta earn those calories!!! :drinker:

Good job! :smile:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I did 4.3 miles at the gym this morning. It's way to cold and windy here. Plus, schools out so my boys are home with me. Thankfully the gym has programs for 3-6 year olds almost everyday!

Oh, and I signed up to do a 4 mile race in my home town the end of june. It's around a lake at 8:00 at night. I've never done it, but I figured why not. NOw I just need to get running outside so I don't die during the race.