HELP! Cake!

Options
Today is my husband's birthday. Of course I made him a birthday cake, in his favorite flavor, white, with white frosting. But I know he will only eat a small piece and then all that cake sitting there..........calling my name.............HELP!

I have a terrible sweet tooth.

Replies

• FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I'm having the same problem! My friend wants to make my wedding cake so she made me a huge full size wedding cake for practice on tuesday- and it is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. I've had half the cake sitting in my house and I keep eating it! I took all but a small chunk to work with me the other day, so that my fiance could try it, but he hasnt even touched it and I keep nibbling at it! I just ruined breakfast by eating like half a piece of cake!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Have a piece and then throw the rest away.

I know, you're saying..."but that wastes food!" or something similar. It's also wasteful to eat more than you need. (and nobody "needs" cake, right). Enjoy one piece and then take back your power.

You are far more powerful than cake.

I promise.:flowerforyou:
  • EmilyStrick
    EmilyStrick Posts: 267
    Options

i love that! and i agree!
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    Eat your slice, then chuck it or take it to work to share, or take it to the neighbor....
  • bergswoman
    Options
    Such great advice and very truthful. We are so much more powerful than cake....I love the challenge
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Options

Or, if seeing that makes you want to cry... remember that there is always a tomorrow! I am not, and can't see at the moment how I will ever be, more powerful than cake. But I do believe on not dwelling on my sweet tooth weaknesses, and believing that tomorrow is a new day. You can even have a new hour. A new minute.
  • zameka
    zameka Posts: 3
    Options
    Had the same experience the other day, it was my dad's birthday, we all got together for cake. I ate a very small sliver and then sent the rest home with my brother. My kids were a bit upset, but if it was to remain in the house I would have eaten it the next day when they were all in school!! I felt good about my choice also. Gave myself a pat on the back!!!!
  • kimberlygo
    Options
    Sometimes I just don't even take a bite. Once I start I just can't stop, but if I don't have that one bite, I'm safe. Also, I hate people who announce they're on a diet, but if you say outloud that you're watching what you're eating, you may be inclined to eat less out of embarrassment or to prove you have self contorl.
  • kimberlygo
    Options
    Sometimes I just don't even take a bite. Once I start I just can't stop, but if I don't have that one bite, I'm safe. Also, I hate people who announce they're on a diet, but if you say outloud that you're watching what you're eating, you may be inclined to eat less out of embarrassment or to prove you have self contorl.
  • Willow_28
    Willow_28 Posts: 61
    Options
    I have a major sweet tooth myself... I usually keep a piece for each of my kids and I have my own small piece the day of the occasion and then send the rest home with friends and family...
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I can usually call upon my son who doesn't live far from us and can always handle extra food. If you don't have a convenient relative or friend nearby, take it to work, or cut it into portions and freeze it if it's a cake that freezes well. :drinker:
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Home baked goodies are my nemisis.
    I absolutely have no willpower if they are in my home.

I just can't have them in the house, so I take a piece or a couple 3-4 cookies or whatever it is that is
    tempting me and I GIVE IT AWAY!
    Just get it out of the house, neighbors, grand kids, friends, hungry college students living on their own will eat anything, if you work in an office then you know how fast "free" food
    can vanish, rest assured it will not go to waste. Have your husband take it to work. I have elderly neighbors that no longer bake, so when I just have to get in the kitchen I make little goodie bags and surprise them. They love the sweets and the visit. It makes their day.

To blj014 : Do you really want to gain weight BEFORE the wedding? :noway:

Edit for spelling
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

Or, if seeing that makes you want to cry... remember that there is always a tomorrow! I am not, and can't see at the moment how I will ever be, more powerful than cake. But I do believe on not dwelling on my sweet tooth weaknesses, and believing that tomorrow is a new day. You can even have a new hour. A new minute.

From a place of love, though...you really are more powerful than cake. Can cake be a trigger food (once you start you can't stop, you obsess about cake, you feel like you have less power than cake) but you are really, truly more powerful than it.

We, as people, have thumbs and free will and garbage cans. We do have the power to say no. We just need to take it.

Cake can't do anything but be cake. We can be anything we want to be.:heart: Believe it.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Giving it away sounds good to me. Right now I'm safe. I was called to babysit for my daughters 2 kids so I am far away from the evil cake.
    When I get home I will take it to my neighbors house. I can't give it to my daughter because she doesn't give her kids junk food (they're only 1 and 2 yrs. old). She is trying to give ME a cherry pie her husband brought home!

THANKYOU for all the support. :flowerforyou: