Anyone here trying to gain weight?

Options
Just wondering, no point me hanging around these forums if there isn't :P, consumed 3.7k calories today and more to come.

Replies

• ugtsnaked
    ugtsnaked Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Oops wrong section, I'm new forgive me.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    ....sorry, not me! ;-)
  • matthew8387
    Options
    not so much weight, but muscle, yeah!

i guess that would happen in turn tho, but you know what i mean...any suggestions people?

other than "eat more..."
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    not sure what other suggestions you'd need--eat more pretty much sums it up.
  • ugtsnaked
    Options

i guess that would happen in turn tho, but you know what i mean...any suggestions people?

other than "eat more..."
    Eat more, haha just kidding..

Eat lots of foods high in protein, and try to avoid foods with a lot of fat so the muscle will show more.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I could stand to gain a few. I don't log anymore, but I assume I net around 2200 a day. Good luck!
    Options

other than "eat more..."

Eat lots of foods high in protein, and try to avoid foods with a lot of fat so the muscle will show more.

errr...and just what does dietary fat have to do with muscles showing? ((hint: nothing))
  • 858Ryan
    858Ryan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yup, looking to add muscle and eating in a calorie surplus. After getting down to 145 lbs and 10% bodyfat during the summer would like to add 5 pounds of muscle by next summer which means Ill have to gain about 7-8 pounds as 2 to 3 pounds of that will most likely be fat.
  • ugtsnaked
    Options

other than "eat more..."

errr...and just what does dietary fat have to do with muscles showing? ((hint: nothing))
    I've always been told when cutting to avoid fats (except the healthy ones) and to avoid eating to many carbs so your body uses the fat stores for energy.
  • ugtsnaked
    Options
    Yup, looking to add muscle and eating in a calorie surplus. After getting down to 145 lbs and 10% bodyfat during the summer would like to add 5 pounds of muscle by next summer which means Ill have to gain about 7-8 pounds as 2 to 3 pounds of that will most likely be fat.
    Nice one man, good luck on your goals!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

other than "eat more..."

I've always been told when cutting to avoid fats (except the healthy ones) and to avoid eating to many carbs so your body uses the fat stores for energy.

You were told wrong.
  • ugtsnaked
    Options

other than "eat more..."

You were told wrong.
    Well it has worked for me, I'd be willing to believe you if you provided a credible source.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

other than "eat more..."

You were told wrong.
    Well it has worked for me, I'd be willing to believe you if you provided a credible source.

First of all, he is right. But one minute you mention bulking and avoiding fats and the next you mention cutting?

It is basic biology. Dietary fat =/= body fat. Too many calories = body fat.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

other than "eat more..."

You were told wrong.

I eat plenty of fat while cutting or bulking, it doesn't matter. I also eat plenty of carbs while cutting or bulking, it doesn't matter. It works for me. I eat pizza, burgers, cheesecake, snickers, etc. all year, whether I'm bulking or cutting. I'm a credible source, I'm a broctor :-)
  • nkklllll
    Options

other than "eat more..."

That's actually not the approach that a great many people take to gaining muscle while staying lean. There are lots of natural body builders that choose to do High protein/fat and low carb do to the fact that carbs tend to be the energy we use last, or at the very least the last processed. So after our body recovers it ends up being stored as, you guessed it, fat. So, you eat less carbs, you have less stored food while possible still cutting into the fat that is already on your body.
  • nkklllll
    Options

Not necessarily, in the past 2 summers, i've gained 15lbs each and my body fat % has gone down both times, first from 8-6% and then from 10-8%. During the school year my diet goes to crap, as does my regimen, but changing that this year hopefully.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    ah, no
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Options

Not necessarily, in the past 2 summers, i've gained 15lbs each and my body fat % has gone down both times, first from 8-6% and then from 10-8%. During the school year my diet goes to crap, as does my regimen, but changing that this year hopefully.

You gained 15lbs off muscle in 3 months? What was your cycle?
  • ugtsnaked
    Options

other than "eat more..."

You were told wrong.

First of all, he is right. But one minute you mention bulking and avoiding fats and the next you mention cutting?

It is basic biology. Dietary fat =/= body fat. Too many calories = body fat.
    Was talking about the other guy to begin with, I am bulking myself atm, but when cutting I would avoid fats.

Doing a dirty bulk, need weight fast.
    84564908d3068de28ccfe1044826f7d0.png?1352934343

And thanks for clearing that up people, I don't mind being wrong, knowledge is power, I will research it more.
    Options
    wow--those macros are impressive.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!