late night craving

Options
okay so some times i get late night craving, i have somewhat of a sweet tooth. what can i eat that it's sweet but dose not have many calories? or what can i do to take the craving away?

Replies

• jcs13731
    Options
    Oh girl I am sooooooooo totally with you ... Night time cravings are definitely the worst for me, and I mean I can snack or even eat a whole meal late at night ... definitely when i am the hungriest ... or at least "feel" like i am lol

If you like berries, sometimes I try to grab a few raspberries or blackberries in a few trips pacing back and forth to the fridge ... lol like commercials ;)

Anyways ... at least we are on this site so we're thinking about it right?
  • Belliny
    Options
    right! well i just ate grapes idk if grapes are ok. but i feel like it's not enough...i really crave stuff like cake, and pastries
  • Belliny
    Options
    how about eating multi grain cheerios? is that ok? or too many carbs?
  • ashleighfit1989
    Options
    I'm a sucker for snacks, have you tried honey on a rice crisp bread? That sometimes helps me, oh and drink lots of water and green tea, fill's you up calorie free.......providing you don't add anything to them.
  • Belliny
    Options
    i actually drink so much water, it's crazy! but it's just the sweet stuff that gets me craving! but no i haven't had the honey on the crisp bread, i want to cut back on bread ..but just as a reference, how many calories in honey?
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hot Tea - my current new favorite is Numi Pu-erh - It has cocoa, cinnamon and nutmeg in it!

If don't mind having some calories, hot cocoa really takes care of the cravings.
  • getitgirl11
    getitgirl11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh the late night cravings! Have you ever tried Chobani Greek Yogurt? I am a BIG fan! ( : the strawberry banana, apples and cinnamon, and lemon are my favorites! An apple and a TB of all natural peanut butter is another great snack. Even just one square of dark chocolate will help. For me, I usually make a Chocolate Vegan Shakeology with almond mik and all natural peanut butter when the cravings hit--definitely helps keep me full and the taste is amazing!
  • Belliny
    Options
    yeah yogurt! i forgot about it! thanks that really helps!

i have the gnc shakes, and they are great i love the taste but it dose not take away the craving...i can't really drink anything cause for me drinking something doesn't fill me up or take away craving.
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Rice thins with low cal jam and low cal Philly cheese. It's about 40 cals per thin depending how much jam and Philly you put on it. So it's crunchy, it's sweet and it's low cal. Absolutely yummy too!
  • lisasshmisa
    Options
    Agrrh,its so frustrating,i have a trouble every night with eating and not sleeping until I can't stay awake physically or mentally any more,add me as a friend and remind me of your post (and other people who replied with same problem) and lets start supporting each other. I have found theres not a lot of support for these issues,so lets see what we can do:)
  • Belliny
    Options
    Rice thins with low cal jam and low cal Philly cheese. It's about 40 cals per thin depending how much jam and Philly you put on it. So it's crunchy, it's sweet and it's low cal. Absolutely yummy too!

WOW THAT SOUND GREAT I'M GOING HAVE TO TRY IT!
  • Belliny
    Options
    Agrrh,its so frustrating,i have a trouble every night with eating and not sleeping until I can't stay awake physically or mentally any more,add me as a friend and remind me of your post (and other people who replied with same problem) and lets start supporting each other. I have found theres not a lot of support for these issues,so lets see what we can do:)

YES! OF COURSE! WE ALL NEED THE SUPPORT!
  • Belliny
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL FOR RESPONDING I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW IDEAS FOR LOW CALORIE SNACK
  • Moonlitedi
    Moonlitedi Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Snacks with protein and low calorie:

Edamame (Steamed with lemon)
    Special K - Cracker Chips - Original 30chips 100 calories with 2 tbs of Low fat/salt peanut butter/ tbs sugar free jelly.
    Sugar free Crystal light to go packs in any flavor in a large bottle of water.
    Turkey Pepperoni 17 slices 70 calories with Weight watchers 50 calorie string cheese.
    Medium banana with popchips
    Oroweat - Dutch Country 100% Whole Wheat - 90 Cal Thin Slices, 1 Slice and sugar free jello.
    Star kiss tuna salad ready to eat packs. 210 calories. Lots of protein. mmm
  • Belliny
    Options
    Snacks with protein and low calorie:

Edamame (Steamed with lemon)
    Special K - Cracker Chips - Original 30chips 100 calories with 2 tbs of Low fat/salt peanut butter/ tbs sugar free jelly.
    Sugar free Crystal light to go packs in any flavor in a large bottle of water.
    Turkey Pepperoni 17 slices 70 calories with Weight watchers 50 calorie string cheese.
    Medium banana with popchips
    Oroweat - Dutch Country 100% Whole Wheat - 90 Cal Thin Slices, 1 Slice and sugar free jello.
    Star kiss tuna salad ready to eat packs. 210 calories. Lots of protein. mmm

GREAT!! THANK YOU THIS ALL HELPS! =)
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I like to take red or green grapes sprinkle with sugar free jello powder (any flavor) and freeze they are sweet and yummy
  • JessMySize
    Options
    Have a Fiber One Brownie. :)
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    okay so some times i get late night craving, i have somewhat of a sweet tooth. what can i eat that it's sweet but dose not have many calories? or what can i do to take the craving away?
    [/quo

I am the same way! I eat a PEAR! VERY juicy sweet and beats my sweet tooth!
  • Colombianchick29
    Options
    Have a Fiber One Brownie. :)

those are very good! only 90 or 100 calories!
  • Colombianchick29
    Options
    you can also try the skinny cow products. Typically they are only around 100 calories. They have icecream chocolate snacks...very delish! Does not taste like diet food at all.