Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred?

Options
124»

Replies

• TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I have a few of them but can't keep a positive with how easily I get bored within the week.
  • nadinab
    nadinab Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yay i just did my first 30 day shred workout! Legs feel like jelly now lol.

I do have a question regarding lunges, i keep losing my balance, any tips for finding the correct position?

Starting position: Begin with your feet shoulder width apart and keep your legs slightly bent. Do not stand with your knees in a locked position. Pull your shoulders back in order to have a proper back arch.

Lunge position: When you lunge forward make sure to maintain the same back position that you had in the starting position. Do not allow your shoulders to roll forward. Also, make sure to pay attention to the placement of your front foot. Your front foot needs to be flat on the floor and in line with your knee. If you do not lunge far enough forward your knee will go past your front foot and put excessive pressure on the knee.

Return position: Returning to the starting lunge position should be done in one step backwards. If you find yourself taking more than one step backward then you are probably using too much weight or have lunged too far forward. Make sure to maintain the proper back position when returning to the starting position
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of level 2 today! It really kicks my butt , but i really enjoy it! I have lost around 5 inches so far a couple pounds :)
  • malery06
    malery06 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    today was day 6 lvl 1 for me, so far ive lost 3lbs and .5 inches on e bust and another .5 inches on the hips! im so excited to se the 30th day results! good luck to everyone!!:drinker:
  • mewzalard
    mewzalard Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just did lvl 1 day 2! i hope i dont need to go upstairs for a while today - my legs are so sore!

When have people started to see results? i'm seriously resisting the urge to measure myself :blushing: :bigsmile:

I did day 2 yesterday and I measured myself today cause I could already feel like I had some results and sure enough I did. I lost another .6 lbs. I am sure this has a lot to do with my diet as well as exercise but I felt great about it anyway. LOL Go ahead and measure and weigh. It's not going to hurt anything just don't get discouraged if you don't see any change because the change will come.

I weighed myself this morning - I've lost just short of 1lb since yesterday, which probably was also to do with diet...i think up till now i've been unintentionally staving myself!

About to go and do day 3. With modified press-up as my wrist is hurting (old wrist issues flaring up).
  • BOLO4Hagatha
    BOLO4Hagatha Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I forgot to measure myself but I have come down 2.6lbs since starting it next week. I'm also, obviously, being careful of what I eat but this has given me confidence. I forgot to measure but will do that on day 10 before starting level 2 and again before and at the end of level 3.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Yay i just did my first 30 day shred workout! Legs feel like jelly now lol.

I do have a question regarding lunges, i keep losing my balance, any tips for finding the correct position?

Starting position: Begin with your feet shoulder width apart and keep your legs slightly bent. Do not stand with your knees in a locked position. Pull your shoulders back in order to have a proper back arch.

Lunge position: When you lunge forward make sure to maintain the same back position that you had in the starting position. Do not allow your shoulders to roll forward. Also, make sure to pay attention to the placement of your front foot. Your front foot needs to be flat on the floor and in line with your knee. If you do not lunge far enough forward your knee will go past your front foot and put excessive pressure on the knee.

Return position: Returning to the starting lunge position should be done in one step backwards. If you find yourself taking more than one step backward then you are probably using too much weight or have lunged too far forward. Make sure to maintain the proper back position when returning to the starting position

fantastic, thank you very much !!
  • mewzalard
    Options
    I did L1 D4 today, it felt a bit easier!
  • Ndtaber9211
    Ndtaber9211 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I finished day 5 lvl 1 and I think it is getting easier.. I can complete the cardio portion better but I still struggle on the strength. I didn't realize how out of shape I got until I started this. I am doing this dvd for 30 days straight. I am pairing it with yoga and a lot of walking.
  • mewzalard
    Options
    How is everyone getting on?
    I had a day break after spending 3 hours doing christmas shopping on friday. did lvl1 D5 yesterday, and I'm about to do D6. It was easier yesterday and my muscles weren't very sore at all....had a quick look at Lvl 2 - yikes!
  • Aaliyah1224
    Options
    I try to hold on a chair lol!! Today its my second day!
  • jennabennaG
    jennabennaG Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I got through Day One and I'm pretty sure I literally shredded my thighs. It definitely works but take it easy or you'll have to put it away so you can heal for a week like me. Maybe I have bad form or maybe I'm just that out of shape. Take 2 tomorrow morning.