Need Ideas

Options
Hello..

I'm very new to all this... I'm trying so hard to eat alot better, which I'm finding hard. This is my second attempt of MFP and would love to keep going with it. :wink:
I would like to know how people on here motivate themselves to exercise and what kind of exercises could I do at home?:huh:

30141277.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!!! I get a lot of ideas from mens fitness website they have all types of exercises that do not require equipment. There is also a womans fitness website that you can check out. I found that making and interacting with new friends on here keeps me motivated and gives me ideas from their diaries and the types of exercise they do. Feel free to add me if you like and Good luck!
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have a stationary bike that has different "routes"...some are harder than others. I moved it into the living room. I can ride it at night while I watch the TV shows that I would be watching anyway. :smile:
  • michellek1992
    michellek1992 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply..I do find talking to people does help me I like to hear how other people can do it and i know seeing your results it works if you try. I also have a stationary bike and I try to use it as much as possible but from today Im going to give it 100%. Thank you!:happy:

30141277.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Bodyrock.tv is awesome!
  • michellek1992
    Options
    Bodyrock.tv is awesome!

Thank you :smile:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Hey Michelle!

I work out at home too. I just don't like the gym. I started with doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It's 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, and 1 minute abs repeated for 20 minutes (plus warm up and cool down). There are 3 different levels you move through throughout the 30 days. It really kickstarted my weight loss by changing the shape of my body (there are muscles under there?!?) and getting me in the habit of working out every day. All levels are on youtube for free, but you will need 3 to 5lb dumbbells (or bottles of water, cans, etc.) and a yoga mat would help for floor stuff.

Now, I still do a 30 Day Shred workout (or her other one, Ripped in 30) once or twice a week, plus ballet class twice a week, running outside once or twice a week, this 50 minute zumba video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDgbBdS9W54) and once a while I'll throw in a P90X workout.

Diet is key, and what keeps me motivated is this: What you eat in private shows up on your body in public. Stay honest with your food diary, but also know that breaking old habits and creating new ones is a slowwwww process. It's ok to slip up every now and then, just get right back on that wagon. Don't give up! Feel free to friend me. Also, my diary is public if you want some ideas.

Good luck!
  • michellek1992
    Options
    Hey Michelle!

I work out at home too. I just don't like the gym. I started with doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It's 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, and 1 minute abs repeated for 20 minutes (plus warm up and cool down). There are 3 different levels you move through throughout the 30 days. It really kickstarted my weight loss by changing the shape of my body (there are muscles under there?!?) and getting me in the habit of working out every day. All levels are on youtube for free, but you will need 3 to 5lb dumbbells (or bottles of water, cans, etc.) and a yoga mat would help for floor stuff.

Now, I still do a 30 Day Shred workout (or her other one, Ripped in 30) once or twice a week, plus ballet class twice a week, running outside once or twice a week, this 50 minute zumba video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDgbBdS9W54) and once a while I'll throw in a P90X workout.

Diet is key, and what keeps me motivated is this: What you eat in private shows up on your body in public. Stay honest with your food diary, but also know that breaking old habits and creating new ones is a slowwwww process. It's ok to slip up every now and then, just get right back on that wagon. Don't give up! Feel free to friend me. Also, my diary is public if you want some ideas.

Good luck!

Your great, I will add you!
    And for sure Im going to give it a go!!:happy:
  • chilly1979
    chilly1979 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    One motivation you should think about for exercise is it will curve your appetite. I find I don’t crave food so much on the days I work out. On days I am off I sometimes crave food even when I know I am not hungry. Well as long as I am eating enough in the first place.

If you exercise for about a month or so regularly you will start to want that exercise. I finished my weight training a couple of hours ago and am already excited about Friday. You just got to get through the beginning and be sure to find something you like to do.

For me I mountain bike and love it. I do work outs that will improve my mountain biking. So there is my motivation.
  • michellek1992
    Options
    One motivation you should think about for exercise is it will curve your appetite. I find I don’t crave food so much on the days I work out. On days I am off I sometimes crave food even when I know I am not hungry. Well as long as I am eating enough in the first place.

If you exercise for about a month or so regularly you will start to want that exercise. I finished my weight training a couple of hours ago and am already excited about Friday. You just got to get through the beginning and be sure to find something you like to do.

For me I mountain bike and love it. I do work outs that will improve my mountain biking. So there is my motivation.

Thank you :smile:
  • okredneckangel
    Options
    Hi. I'd say my biggest change was my way of thinking. I used to eat without regard. I agree with everyone that says track your food religiously and be honest about it. I also walk alot a whole lot! It's easy and it burns calories. At home I do squats, crunches, lunges, and pushups. I also watch my calories, and carb intake. I stay below 1800 calories, and try and keep my carbs below 100. This has helped me alot. I started out at 278 although my official weigh day isnt until tomorrow when I jumped on the scale this morning it said 258 which means in 8 weeks I have lost 20 pds. We measure once a month and at this point I have lost 9 inches in my waist. So good luck on your journey and feel free to add me if you want I will help motivate you and give you ideas on stuff.