Help me! Do you meditate?

Options
Okay my mind is in a complete mess now, and i really really really want to learn how to meditate. I tried meditating to a set of soothing music i came around on Youtube but no that didn't help at all! I just CAN'T keep my mind constant, every time i get down to meditating, it's like i discover new things in my room just by looking around :(

Replies

• andreamarieroberts
    Options
    Do you have a Wii or xbox? Deepak Chopra has a video game and part of it is guided meditation. I just started using it and it's awesome. IT's called "leela"
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I have tried dynamic meditation by Osho. Might seem weird to do all those things at first but it's really a great way to clear your mind and relax. ^^

http://www.osho.com/Main.cfm?Area=Meditation&Sub1Menu=ActiveMeditation&Sub2Menu=Dynamic

You can get the musc here - http://www.newearthrecords.com/music_store/products-page/osho/osho-dynamic-meditation-cd/
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    don't stress about it. If your mind wonders, acknowledge the passing thought and get back to your focus. It takes years of training to be able to meditate like you think you want to.

remember: focus, wander, acknowledge wander, then refocus.

Hope that helps. JUST DON'T STRESS!!!
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I meditate! I first started doing it when I couldn't get my mind to shut the hell up and give me some needed peace a few months ago. There are a lot of good guided meditation videos out there (which is what I do), if you want I could send you the ones I do. When you meditate you're supposed to close your eyes, stops you from discovering new things in your room ;)
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I started doing Kundalini Yoga by Maya Fiennes. It's part yoga, part meditation and I love it. The yoga isn't too strenuous at all and it's a good stepping stone to meditation. Give it a try.
  • lelstar
    lelstar Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I got Taoist Guided Meditation off iTunes - I can't meditate just to relaxing music either