Weight lost trick: Myth or...

Options
LaLouve_RK
LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
I have read that star Kelly Osborne was told to eat half an apple before going to bed to keep your metabolism going....
Possible?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1252006/Kelly-Osbourne-reveals-weight-loss-secrets.html

Replies

• WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    your metabolism doesn't have an ON/OFF switch. it's always ON until you die, then it's OFF.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Sigh ..
  • farfoorah
    Options
    your metabolism doesn't have an ON/OFF switch. it's always ON until you die, then it's OFF.

lol
  • LaLouve_RK
    Options
    Ok im not dumb blonde... I know there's no on/off button! :huh:

That aint my question.... guess Ill need to ask REAL professionals.... :grumble:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

That aint my question.... guess Ill need to ask REAL professionals.... :grumble:

answer is no

an apple any time is going to do the same as any other time and that goes the same for any food...timing is not relevant

some foods may make you sleep better and some may make you sleep poorly due to your digestion, but none are going to affect your metabolism
  • Irish_Chica
    Options
    Yeah half an apple not to mention a little heroin does the trick
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna say, if that half an apple stops you from eating an entire crappy meal or snack, then ya.

Same with the 'dont eat after ______ pm' .

They work, if they ultimately reduce your calories and keep you from consuming more.

Otherwise, a 5,000 calorie day, with half an apple will turn you into Grimace.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Yeah half an apple not to mention a little heroin does the trick

I think she sacrifices the poor apple to the demon god then spikes up some smack and her metabolism rockets on till morning
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Vote 1 for quote of 2012!
  • LaLouve_RK
    Options
    Thank you for some intelligent answers!

I got a lil blocked on that coz that half apple would stay in the stomach and keep the digestion running. My guess is that some people, even professionals, seems to think that you digestion running all night on a lil light half apple would give your metabolism a small boost for the night to burn calories.. that's my guess.
    Didnt sound that stupid, but was skeptic.
  • Scott_Chaput
    Options
    will turn you into Grimace.

We should be so lucky... The Grimace is beloved by millions!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Um, your metabolism is determined by lean muscle mass.. not what you eat or when you eat it.

Like someone else said, if an apple stops you from snacking.. fine. Whether you eat it or not has no affect on metabolism.
  • LaLouve_RK
    Options
    I would like to know so much where she got that, from whom, and on what that person based her theory! If anyone knows...
  • wilsonm24
    Options

The irony of this post given the original post makes this the thread of the year...
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    I would like to know so much where she got that, from whom, and on what that person based her theory! If anyone knows...

curious as to why you are hanging on to this.

It is nonsense.

But eating a half an apple is a good thing anytime so why dont you just eat it like some magazine says Osborne does and see what happens?

Or you can write Ms. Osborne a letter and ask her.
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options

The irony of this post given the original post makes this the thread of the year...
    it has my vote.....if we are indeed voting
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

My guess would be Dr. Oz. He's a wealth of idiotic false information.
  • Scott_Chaput
    Options

Probably a trendy Hollywood nutritionist who's selling her metabolism Apples for $800 a piece.
  • gzus7freek
    gzus7freek Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Vote 1 for quote of 2012!

VOTE#2!!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    a little line of coke can do wonders...

my metabolism blows after that!

:tongue: