Am I evil?

Options
I recently got a new motivation a highschool friend and I decided we would meet up again after almost 10 years when I go back to my parents at Christmas. In highschool we were the biggest two of our group and I also gained a lot of weight after I got out of college and went to a desk job. Well she had gastric bypass surgery and is now smaller then she ever was when I knew her. I want to beat her in weight loss just by diet and exercise. Does this make me evil since I know gastric bypass is a big step and not a total magical cure all since you still have to watch your diet but I think doing it with just diet and exercise is more of an accomplishment?

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    It's not evil if it motivates you to do something good for yourself. It doesn't matter what the motivation is, it's the results and how healthfully you do it that counts.
  • leighoconnell
    Options
    I don't think its evil at all. Your not doing anything to be mean or harmful to her, your trying to prove something to yourself. And you are motivating yourself to loose weight which is awesome!
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Of course not! Doesn't it feel good?!
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone above!
    GET IT!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I don't think its evil at all. Your not doing anything to be mean or harmful to her, your trying to prove something to yourself. And you are motivating yourself to loose weight which is awesome!

I agree :wink:
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    It's not evil, it's your inspiration! Almost none of my friends are overweight, but they still get competitive (some to ridiculous extremes) about who looks best in their bathing suits when we go camping.. I think it's normal though, humans are motivated by competition by nature, otherwise why would we have competitive sports? =p