New here, want friends/support team to help along weight los

Options
Hello. My name is Rachel & I am a mother to 6 girls. I work part time and go to school full time. I have a wonderful husband who is participating in the weight loss with me, cause he could stand to lose a little. We are on the go almost all the time for activities for the girls or our meetings. Just looking for others that want to travel down this road of weight loss with some support or friends.

Replies

• jdcole67
    jdcole67 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rachel - I am a dad to one soon-to-be 7 year old boy, so you definitely have me beat there, but I am the oldest of 6 siblings, so I know what my mom went through...great that your husband is along for support, it's taken my wife 3 months to get onboard but she's lost about 4 pounds now and wants to look good for our vacation at the end of June...I think you will find lots of willing listeners and great support here - good luck!
  • sheri3762
    sheri3762 Posts: 159
    Options
    wow!! You are totally a supermom!!! 6 girls!!! School and now this!!! you know what, you can do this. I know you can because believe me, if I can, you can!!!

Your going to find that this site is really going to help you. Tracking your food is the most important but you get such motivation and support through the others who are also on here. And, you will learn a LOT!! If you can squeeze a little time for yourself each day to read some of the posts and see how others are managing you will seriously find ways to help yourself!

I am also a Mom, but my 3 kids are grown, but I have grandkids I watch quite a bit to help them out. I also go to school full-time and I work as well. I'm really super busy too, but somehow I'm managing and I've lost 35 pounds total in the last 4 months!! See, we can do this!!!

I also have my husband eating the same type f foods. He has just started meds for diabetes, so we had to switch everything to wheat, but that has really been my biggest challenge regarding food. For you, with all those mouths to feed, you really will find ways to cook really good meals that even the kids will like!! Besides, look at what a great example of healthy eating you are setting for your kids!!!
    Good luck to you girl (and hubby)! Believe me, you've found the right place to help you will problems you have and you'll get lots of motivation!! The first few weeks is the toughest, but you really will change your habits and pretty soon it will just become a natural habit!!!

the biggest advice I can give you from my experience is excercise! the other advice that was given to me and believe me, it really made a big difference, was try really hard to get some "me" time. this "me" time for me allows me to workout, read the posts on here and document what I need to do to get healthy. I take at least 1 hour a day to to this. Its tough sometimes when I have to tell everyone they need to let me do my thing for 1 hour and then they can have me, but once you get everyone on board, they are really supportive!! Even my little grandkids understand that Nana needs to workout!!!!lol They always want to workout with me so the way I look at it, I'm teaching them really good health habits!!

Best luck to you and if you need to vent, do it, we're all here for you!!!
  • mpdpratima
    mpdpratima Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would love to go on this journey with you and your husband. I have lost 45 pounds in the last year, only to gain back about 20. How demoralizing! I am stopping this downward slide now so I am not in the position to be complaining about gaining it all back plus some. I am doing a combo meal replacement and calorie, carb counting plus exercise. I do really well on the weekend but have a very high stress job and it often falls apart during the week. Hope we can help support one another!

Mary
  • WrenLynn
    WrenLynn Posts: 213
    Options
    Welcome Rachel! My sister Rose has six girls and I am one of thirteen children so I know what it is like to be part of a large family. I have 2 boys and a girl -all three are teenagers. My middle child-a boy- is mildly autistic and I work full-time so I am crazy busy. This site has helped me so much to stay on track. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I only joined last month and just now seeking out some friends for support and encouragement. Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
  • murphmom7
    Options
    thank you all for your support. I am making myself track my food and exercise better. and we are exercising every other day on our wii. It doesn't even feel like we are working out, cuz we are having fun, so that helps. My girls even want to participate in it.
  • cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So great that your daughters want to participate! What are their ages? I agree with the earlier poster that you sound like supermom!
  • murphmom7
    Options
    Girls ages are 14, 13, 12, 10, 9, 9. they definately keep me on the move with all their activities, so its nice to be able to have something at home to do, before anything else happens. :smile: