Face feels like it's Burning ..

Options
So i've always been very active, played on numerous sport teams growing up/high school, and now have turned to running/ weight training for the majority of my activities. Lately however, as in the last few times I have worked out, I have noticed that my face gets this burning sensation whenever I am really working hard/sweating a ton. I'm not sure if this is something that will pass, or maybe my face is just dry? It is winter here, so the weather and wind is hard on my skin, but I've never experienced this before.. so just curious if anyone else has and what the reason for it was? Thanks

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I got a lap dance once and after she got done, my face really started burning. I think it was the perfume but since then I am afraid of boobs.

Anyways I hope that helped.
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This used to happen to me. I put it down to 3 things;
    1. lotion can irritate the skin when sweating
    2. dry face (apply your lotion before bed rather then in the morning)
    3. too much wiping sweat with towel/hands etc. ..the skin gets irritated.

For myself, i started to just pat my towel lightly and apply hypo-allergenic lotion at night.
  • chilly1979
    chilly1979 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You could be wiping your face when you are sweating which will irritate it and make it burn. When I wipe the sweat from my face I will pat with a towel instead of wipe. It helps. That mixed with winter could make your face burn.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    This used to happen to me when i wore sweatbands. After a while i'd be wiping my forehead with an already wet sweatband and it irritated my face.
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of the replies!! I do use a towel to wipe the sweat, because I'm always soaked. BUT since that is possibly the culprit , I will focus on patting my face dry instead. Awesome. :)
  • sandrahermione
    Options
    I get super red burning cheeks. I thought I just lose my heat by looking like a raddish. Maybe dress down to aboid overheating.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I get this now too at times, its dry skin.. if you are wiping away the sweat with a towel I can feel it more.. I usually put some lotion on after a shower.. winter and dry skin go together around here.