Anyone 5 2 or 5 3 that has gone from 120 to 105??

Options
How did you do it?? Looking for inspiration. I feel like it might be a different story to lose that 15 lbs when you weren't overweight at all to begin with. Thanks!

Replies

• Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I was down to 104 and now am around 107 or so but I am 5'4" but I started at 151!
  • WillardsMommy1
    Options
    How did you do it? How long did it take? Did you find it hard once you got close to 115 to push past that mark? Any Tips? Lol sorry so many questions.
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 5'2" and went from 130lbs to my current weight of 100 - 102lbs, now trying to maintain and tone! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i also would love to know what you guys have done to get there. I started at 142 and now 120 but would like to go further but can't seem to get under 120. I am 5.2 ft. i have just maintained the last few months no matter how hard i tried.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    After I had my first baby I weighed around 120, but that was not my natural size, it was from pregnancy, so with exercise, healthy eating, and breastfeeding my weight went back down to my usual place which is also 100 to 102. I'm 5'2". But, I think we all have a natural place that is healthy for us when we are fit and should not compare to others (there are lots of factors). I am a dancer and I also lift weights. Lifting weights makes a big difference and is really a great way to maintain fitness levels. I don't eat low calorie.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and hit my ultimate adult low weight of 118...but I couldn't maintain it and now have inched back up to 126! Ugh! I don't know how to safely and healthily lose these last 10-15 lbs! I would LOVE to be about 110-115 but it seems impossible The weight just doesn't budge!
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Obviously everyone is different but this is my story, I hope it helps:

I have never been small or slim or skinny in all my teenage to adult life - my weight has gone up and down depending on how active I was as in out clubbing every weekend and dancing my butt off to sitting at home paying a mortgage instead of being out. I never really dieted or watched what I ate, I would eat what I wanted and when I wanted without too much concern although I was never happy with my body. I would go through phases of going to the gym or starting Zumba classes before my wedding but that was it for me.

In Feb of this year after moving from the UK to Australia and gaining LOADS of weight I decided that was enough and I had a few goals to motivate me - a friends wedding in May, I wanted to look good for that. Then at the end of May my parents were coming to visit and taking me on a shopping trip to Singapore and I was determined not to be buying size 12 clothes and hating every moment of it and my final goal was to not hit 30 (September 2013) unhappy and overweight.

I found MFP and a month later my dance exercise classes and this has been my life since. My diet was restricted to the 1200 calories but still contained quite a lot of processed foods to start with, but I did it by being under my 1200 goal everyday - I know this is not ideal and I'm not promoting it but it worked for me. I lost 1lb per week without fail. When I found my exercise classes I would do 3 - 4 classes a week some of which were doubles totalling 100 minutes - rarely eating back my exercise calories. I would walk and jog with my dog as well as this. My weightloss did stall a few months in but by chance my class instructor went on holiday for a week and I ended up not exercising as much and obviously not burning too many calories and the weight started to come off again. The second time the loss stalled was around August and I went on holiday for a week - obviously reduced my exercise and ate A LOT more and that seemed to jump start losing again.
    I haven't lifted weights although I know I need to as I don't look like I'm 100lbs, as my exercise has come mainly from cardio but my diet has improved drastically, I rarely eat anything processed, I do still have my sweet treats pretty much every day but they consist of dark chocolate, homemade healthy desserts etc. Over the past 2 months I have been trying to maintain but with a BMR of 1145 and a sedentary TDEE of 1430 my calories are still pretty low. Although I am back on the 30DS and trying to regain the muscle lost during my weight loss journey.
    Overall I would say that I did it by being obsessed, I mean I track EVERYTHING! Since I bought my kitchen scale everything is measured perfectly, I rarely go out to eat so that I can be sure of what I'm eating, I don't drink alcohol anymore (I'd rather eat) I make lots of healthy food and try to meet my macro's each day. My husband will tell you I need to back off and not worry that one cheat meal isn't going to hurt and I know he is right but I am still learning, I ate what I wanted for almost 29 years and now I have to re educate myself that I can't just grab a chocolate bar or a quick takeaway once a week to make my life easier, I need to be in control of what I consume to maintain my loss.
    In my opinion losing it the easy part - maintaining is HARD!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Bump haha. Only for inspiration. I'm 155 so I have 50 lbs to go. :(
  • sarahmcp3
    sarahmcp3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and a couple years ago I went on an anorexic binge for a summer and I only got down to 128 eating 1000 calories or less a day and some days even fasting. I think for me, that was a bit too skinny. Everyone's build is different. I think it would be near impossible for me to get down to near 100 lbs.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options

I have never been small or slim or skinny in all my teenage to adult life - my weight has gone up and down depending on how active I was as in out clubbing every weekend and dancing my butt off to sitting at home paying a mortgage instead of being out. I never really dieted or watched what I ate, I would eat what I wanted and when I wanted without too much concern although I was never happy with my body. I would go through phases of going to the gym or starting Zumba classes before my wedding but that was it for me.

In Feb of this year after moving from the UK to Australia and gaining LOADS of weight I decided that was enough and I had a few goals to motivate me - a friends wedding in May, I wanted to look good for that. Then at the end of May my parents were coming to visit and taking me on a shopping trip to Singapore and I was determined not to be buying size 12 clothes and hating every moment of it and my final goal was to not hit 30 (September 2013) unhappy and overweight.

I found MFP and a month later my dance exercise classes and this has been my life since. My diet was restricted to the 1200 calories but still contained quite a lot of processed foods to start with, but I did it by being under my 1200 goal everyday - I know this is not ideal and I'm not promoting it but it worked for me. I lost 1lb per week without fail. When I found my exercise classes I would do 3 - 4 classes a week some of which were doubles totalling 100 minutes - rarely eating back my exercise calories. I would walk and jog with my dog as well as this. My weightloss did stall a few months in but by chance my class instructor went on holiday for a week and I ended up not exercising as much and obviously not burning too many calories and the weight started to come off again. The second time the loss stalled was around August and I went on holiday for a week - obviously reduced my exercise and ate A LOT more and that seemed to jump start losing again.
    I haven't lifted weights although I know I need to as I don't look like I'm 100lbs, as my exercise has come mainly from cardio but my diet has improved drastically, I rarely eat anything processed, I do still have my sweet treats pretty much every day but they consist of dark chocolate, homemade healthy desserts etc. Over the past 2 months I have been trying to maintain but with a BMR of 1145 and a sedentary TDEE of 1430 my calories are still pretty low. Although I am back on the 30DS and trying to regain the muscle lost during my weight loss journey.
    Overall I would say that I did it by being obsessed, I mean I track EVERYTHING! Since I bought my kitchen scale everything is measured perfectly, I rarely go out to eat so that I can be sure of what I'm eating, I don't drink alcohol anymore (I'd rather eat) I make lots of healthy food and try to meet my macro's each day. My husband will tell you I need to back off and not worry that one cheat meal isn't going to hurt and I know he is right but I am still learning, I ate what I wanted for almost 29 years and now I have to re educate myself that I can't just grab a chocolate bar or a quick takeaway once a week to make my life easier, I need to be in control of what I consume to maintain my loss.

i agree and your story is pretty much the same as mine! but for me i had a child at 30 and that changed a lot as well..
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and 110 lb now from 130. I was always around 110-115 but infertility drugs and all that jazz led me to a great weight gain in under 2 yrs. No secret way to the loss, just cleaned up my eating (started MFP 1/12), started running (that was new) and got back into lifting as that's something I always loved. Been maintaining since June.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    That's really specific
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I was 125lbs and went all the way down to a scary 99lbs. I started out skinny fat. I had no clue as to how to go about looking decent, so I thought I had to lose weight.
    It took me about three months to get down to 110lbs and another 4 to 98lbs. Though I didn't purposely do that, I tend to lose weight easily and have a hard time gaining.
    I think I was eating 1300-1500 cals then a day and running alot.
    I'm back up to 114lbs right now and eating 2100-2300 a day. I lift weights.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options

Thank you for posting this! I thought low-end BMI's just came easily to a lot of people on here. When I was at my ultimate low goal, I was exercising for an hour a day and netting well under 1200 daily, and it was just NOT maintainable at all. I was a bit obsessed with counting everything, and was even skipping meals at times. I saw that I was starting to head down a bad road with a poor mentality. I guess that if that's what it will likely take to maintain a weight in the 110's, I probably am not cut out for that lifestyle and therefore it's not a realistic goal for me. :)

I really appreciate your honesty! :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 55 yrs old, and I cannot maintain below 115 lbs without being obsessed with food and exercise. I don't want to spend all my time counting minute amounts of food and exercising hours a day. Aside from that I start to look like an anorexic even at 115. It might be cute at 20 but as you age and your skin isn't the best I just look haggard. I'm back up to about 120 now and I feel better and my co worker commented that I look less tired. To each his own but unless your body really wants to be at 105 it's going to be a constant battle.
  • mollydubs
    mollydubs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Obsession. It's a good motivator.

Also I run probably 3 times a week, walk instead of subway whenever I can, cut out bread/pasta/rice/similar things, and eat all the protein I can get.

It's a lot about retraining your body and brain to agree on what you need and then turning that into what you want.
  • liviilooseweight
    liviilooseweight Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started at 112.8 and have lost 3 pounds..hoping to get to about 100 pounds.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    IMO if you need to be obsessed and criticize everything you eat and do, then a low weight isn't healthy for you. Maintaining on less than 1400 cals is absurd. I eat 2000+ cals and workout 60 mins or less 3-4 times a week. I don't cut anything and allow myself freedom. Do I work for it? Yes. But I'll be damned if I will let a number run my life.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i went from 130 to 105.3. I started out running and walking and cutting junk food and lost about 15 pounds that way then I found myfitness pal and logged everything I ate and exercised more at the gym to know what I was burning off, and lost the rest. It took me 4 months