I just rewarded myself with a used Vitamix :)

Options
I've been pushing hard through my very first real go at exercising daily, and have made it through day 12. I've also recently been wanting a used Vitamix, but knew it would probably be awhile before I found a great bargain on one.

Yesterday, however, someone locally answered my ad from weeks ago, stating they had a 3600 for my $100 offer. Made sunflower butter today (had no taper, so not quite a great first attempt) and a fantastic smoothie. & today my father rigged up an awesome, massive custom taper to complete the package.

I am beyond stoked & really looking forward to having a good blender again (my other one was starting to leak out the bottom), and this is a definite improvement. I really love it for making smoothies with a ton of kale & wheatgrass hidden inside to sneak those vitamins in.

...A perfect personal reward. <3

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I love the Vitamix! Best blender on the market, IMO. They are super expensive so you definitely got a deal, 100 bucks, wow. They are fantastic also for making blended soups! Have fun with it :)
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Yes, it was a phenomenal deal. I had posted the ad a few weeks back, and now that I am flat broke I got a response from someone willing to take $100. So... no hesitance whatsoever, and now a little more broke. :p

So far I've made tons of smoothies, a v8 & sunflower butter. I have no regrets. My father even made a custom tamper for it out of an old wooden salt grinder & wide stick. This baby rocks.
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    Our blender gets used daily, and hubby has wanted a vitamix for years. Finally, after going through our 2nd blender in 15 years of marriage, we got a reconditioned vitamix this summer and LOVE IT!!!!
  • violet976
    Options
    Glad to know others are having the same enjoyment from the used ones.
  • thejess
    thejess Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i love my vitamix! I especially love doing more than just smoothies.

I just started using the forums and I'm glad i searched vitamix!
  • tannity2
    tannity2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just got a Vitamix, too -- and I LOVE it!! Green smoothies are incredible -- now I can try a lot of greens (even sour dandelion) and enjoy them when they're balanced by other ingredients. Have you tried freezing bananas and blending until they become "ice cream?" No other ingredients necessary -- just don't over-blend -- a fun treat!
  • violet976
    Options
    Not yet, but I have some frozen bananas in the freezer just waiting. We were planning on giving the motor on our vitamix a brief looking over before I pushed it too hard, as I've already popped the circuit breaker making larabars & then I was certain I smelled a bit of motor strain after that. We just want to make sure the motor doesn't need a small cleaning before I really put it to the test. :p

Can I ask what routine you do on the machine to make your ice cream? I don't have a manual, so I don't really know much on how to achieve good results with the vitamix (how long to run things, what speeds, etc)
  • mercergirl2008
    mercergirl2008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I can't afford the vitamix yet so I purchased a ninja blender and I love it. Now I start my 90 days body by vi challenge to jump start my weight loss and transition to a more vegan lifestyle though i could never give up cheese completely. :)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    So glad you're enjoying it! My blemder is an item I too rewarded myself with and I use it daily!
  • erinnstreeter
    erinnstreeter Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My dad has one of the original Vitamixes, with the stainless steel body. He bought it when I was around 11 years old (I'm 33 now), and he's been able to replace parts on it - talk about getting your money's worth! Anyway, that's an excellent reward, and a great find at that price. Well done.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I would love to have a vitamix!
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My dad has one of the original Vitamixes, with the stainless steel body. He bought it when I was around 11 years old (I'm 33 now), and he's been able to replace parts on it - talk about getting your money's worth! Anyway, that's an excellent reward, and a great find at that price. Well done.

Yep - I have a stainless steel one from 1992. The darn thing refuses to break! I'm really looking for an excuse to get a new one but the old one works like day 1, so I'm stuck with it :-).

What I loved mine for best was grinding grains down to powder to make baby cereal out of. I made all my kids' baby food and the vitamix was a huge help in that endeavor!

Oh, and I usually end up with a bunch of pomegranates in the fall so we freeze pomegranate juice to add to smoothies year round. Yum!
  • violet976
    Options
    Ahhh yes... I adore how quickly & well it makes oat flour. <3 I've also made some larabars, which tripped the circuit breaker but it still got the job done first. <3
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Bought one about 10 years ago and love it!! You can't be them..our latest gadget is the YONANA so you can make your fruit sorbets.. I think between the two, they will help satisfy my sweet tooth..