20lbs need to go!

Options
I'm 5'7, female and currently 154lbs. People have asked me or my husband if we are expecting... seriously?!?!? I'm sick of it!!! I want to lose 20lbs. I have tried numerous diets over the past year. Cabbage soup diet, 17 day diet, "eat what I want and exercise diet"... only to fall off that band wagon time and time again. A recent car accident has caused some low back pain, which put exercising on hold. As of Monday (11/12/12) I have come up with a new plan:
1.) Log, log, log! Be honest with myself and don't deprive myself of food, especially if my body is telling me it needs to eat.
2.) Exercise 3 days a week for 30 min. I have put all my workouts on separate pieces of paper and into a bucket. Workouts include JM 30 day shred and ripped in 30, Leslie Sansone 1-mile increments and Jackie Warner workouts. I draw 2 workouts from the bucket. Increase to 4 days a week for 30 min every 3 weeks.

Please add me if you have similar weight loss goals or just feel like adding someone. Need inspiration here folks!!!

Replies

• bkarissa
    bkarissa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am in your exact boat. I slowly gained 30 pounds over the last 3 years, and people always ask me if I'm expecting, I just carry it in my belly. I started out at 160lb and joined myfitnesspal November 1st. I have lost 3 pounds so far. The logging really keeps me accountable. I made a simple change that has been easy to follow so far. I look at (and follow) the serving size on all items. I always fail if I try to deprive myself of a food I like, so I haven't deprived myself of anything, but I look at the serving size. Ice cream is a big one for me. So instead of having a bowl of 4 scoops, the serving size is 1/2 cup, I have 1/2 cup with the chocolate sauce measured out as well. After only 14 days this has become an easy habit to follow. I have even eaten out with this method, I ate at the Cheesecake Factory last week and still stayed within my calorie limit! I looked ahead at what was on the menu and the nutrition and planned to have flatbread and a slice of cheesecake, but I cut both items in half and took half home. It sounds like your plan is a reasonable one, and if you need a buddy, I have logged on everyday since I started.
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    I've got 21lbs left to lose so you are welcome to add me if you need motivation :)

I currently do 5 Leslie Sansone 2-mile walks a week (and occasionally add an extra mile or two if I'm feeling energetic). I have been researching lifting and plan to get into that soon.
  • mercergirl2008
    mercergirl2008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You could make working out fun and join the Zumba craze. I am currently arguing with a friend to get my DVD's back and a coworker is offering free lessons twice a week. I can't wait to go back to day shift so I can attend. I am 5'4, 208 lbs... yeah. I want to get down to 135-145. 125 is the lowest I am willing to go. I still want to look healthy.
  • lmeasterling
    lmeasterling Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! I'd been getting that question in various forms for several months, which is what made me start MFP back in June.
    I'm 5'7" and weigh 156 lbs. I've logged faithfully for 5 months and, as of today, I've lost a total of 24 lbs...but I still have another 15-ish to go before I hit my goal weight range. Add me if you'd like! :)
  • melindadunston
    Options
    I am 5'7" and currently 155lbs. I started at 186!!! Down 31 and wanting to get this last 15-20lbs off. I have taken up running. I ran my first 5k in July and my first half marathon in October. I now run at least 3-8miles each on Saturday and Sunday. I also do light cardio and lift an additional 3times per week. This weight has come off very slowly. I have stayed with the exercising but I am not always hardcore with what I eat. I go back and forth between maintaining and losing. It has taken me 10mths to lose 30lbs...UGH! But I am keeping it off and much healthier than I was this time last year:) Twenty more to go. I'd love to have the weight just fall off but I am more interested in keeping it off:) Feel free to add me:)