Hello All

Options
:blushing: this is all new to me message board, blogging, this entire social media, but i am going to try this because i need help getting past my plateau. i am not a social person unless my job requires it, i stay in my house unless a family members needs me, i am i guess what you would call a total intervert and am getting worse so i am not able to join a gym or even go to the rec. center anymore. I have been at this 150 mark and can't get pass it. I jazzercise every morning and that's about it. My food database tells me i am not eating enough calories. any suggestions on how i can get under this 150? i would like to be 145 no less than 135.
thank you,
BEWILDERED

Replies

• dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Can't tell much since your food diary is private. Friend me if you would like and I will try and help you.
  • GonnaLose100
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I want to encourage you to consider eating more calories of nutritious foods. I know that is hard to do when your mind is telling you to eat less to lose more, but I was having the same issue in Weight Watchers and my leader told me I wasn't eating enough and I thought she was crazy, but she told me to just do it her way for a week and see if anything happened. Well I lost 3 pounds that week and I was eating more. Of course it matters what kind of calories you are eating, so don't add junk food, but add more protein, vegetables, fruit, dairy, whole grains, etc. up to your recommended calorie intake and do not go under it no matter what your mind tells you...and try not to weigh for a week at least and then see if it makes a difference. I bet it will because I can count numbers of people in WW that have had the same issue and every time they were cutting their calories too low which causes your metabolism and fat burning to shut down because your body thinks it's starving. Several ladies had this happen after they lost some weight and started working out more strenuously and did not take in more needed calories to sustain those kind of workouts and they stopped losing even though they were working harder. Trust me, I know how hard it is to think eating more will work but it really does if you eat more calories of nutritious foods to help fuel your body....think of your body as a machine that can't run without enough fuel and all machines need the right kind of fuel to run. I hope this helps you...Good Luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • 4lakeba4
    Options
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. First of all Thank you for replying to me and the advise is wonderful, I will add more calories to my diet starting today and let you know what happens in a weeks time. And the JUNK FOOD, i will get rid of i know that is one of my downfalls, i love salty snacks, i eat them all night long and my husbands always ask . . . "aren't you going to eat dinner?". So again, thank you for taking time out of your busy life to reply to me.
  • 4lakeba4
    Options
    BTW CONGRATULATION ON YOUR LOST OF 51 LBS. THAT IS AWESOME, GIVES ME HOPE. :wink:
  • 4lakeba4
    Options
    WOW, CONGRATULATION ON YOUR 66 LBS. ANOTHER PERSON TO GIVE ME HOPE!!!! :wink: