Zumba for the Wii need opinions

I am currently down almost 31 lbs (my goal was 31). I would like to keep going though now that I hit my first goal. Most of my weight is in my hips, thighs, buttocks. I would like to be able to get it off (probally about 10-15 more lbs) and right now I have lost the weight mostly from managing my food intake. I want to be able to have a fun excercise plan that I can enjoy and be able to do everyday. I want to be able to tone up these areas and my stomach as well. My husband suggested we look into Zumba's for the Wii. It looks like something that I could enjoy. I used to do a lot of dancing and I was super slender at the time.

My question is do you use Zumba for the Wii? Do you enjoy it? What is our experiences with it? Which one do you own because I noticed there is more than one on the Walmart website. Thank you for your help!!

Replies

• PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    mine is Zumba fitness 2. I love zumba!!!!! I took a zumba class, although it is more fun in a class the game is still awesome too. they just dont play normal songs on the wii game like they would in a class...my class played current popular hip hop/pop songs to do routines to...and the game is based more on latin type songs but there still upbeat and fun! Definatly worth it imo!
  • shoppingdiva2011
    shoppingdiva2011 Posts: 127 Member
    I have Zumba 2 for wii and I love it. If i dont have time to go to a class which is alot I do this. I burn a lot of calories. I also have wii Zumba Core but i have not taken it out of the box yet.
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    I just got the Zumba Core workout. I actually like it a lot, and I saw good reviews for it on Amazon. The moves can be tricky, but you pick it up after a while. It says it awards points for more movement, as opposed to something like Just Dance, which tries to measure accuracy more.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    I have zumba for xbox. Its zumba fitness. It's ok. I prefer Dance Central2. It is more interesting and the zumba UI is cantankerous.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,241 Member
    I have the original one & I used to do it. It wasn't bad. I actually found that I liked the Zumba Exhilarate set of DVDs better, though, as I could turn off the instructors voices on most of them and just follow the song. It feels more like being in a Zumba class to me. With the game, the belt thing was a little frustrating sometimes, especially on the belly dancing type songs, because it wouldn't register all my movements and I always wanted to get as many points as I possibly could! lol But I did use the game for a while and I enjoyed it some at that time. I've not used it in probably a year or more, now, though.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Zumba is a lot of fun. As the others stated, it uses Latin music instead of modern hip-hop, but I love Latin music so I think it's great.

Also, look into the "Just Dance" games. I sweat a LOT when I play those, and they use a really great mix of top 40 songs from the 1970s through today.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Saving thread to view again. I'm interested in fun ways to exercise indoors.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 985 Member
    i didnt like zumba for Wii. i actually gave it, and the belt to my friend and told her to keep it. lol. i found it hard to follow. i think i just do better with music i recognize. the zumba classes at my gym, however, are super fun. i love em, much different than the wii.
    i play Just Dance on my Wii, its kinda what got me started onto working out over a year ago. the music is more current and i just found it easier to follow. i now own JD 1, 2, 3, 4 and the MJ experience. Just Dance has a 'just sweat' mode that plays tracks continously and will give you updates like 'you just walked across central park' etc. you earn sweat points for movement, but it also still tracks accuracy.
    if you have a dance background, zumba might be something you can get into, but for me, no dice, lol.
    ive also tried biggest loser-liked that one, but never stuck with it. and dont bother with the wii fit game, its so slow moving.
  • Kellylynnhaynes
    Kellylynnhaynes Posts: 73 Member
    I love zumba! I enjoy the classes better than the wii game, but since I no longer have a gym membership, the wii game has to do. I have the original zumba fitness game.
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    I have Zumba 1&2 for the Wii, #2 is much better
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    I got the original Zumba Fitness with the belt for Wii a few weeks ago. I am still in the beginner stages, but I like it and it is fun. I only tried using the belt once and the controller came flying out of it, and I haven't tried that again. You don't have to have the belt. Check out Craigslist, I see a lot of people selling games on there for like $10.
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    I have the Wii Zumba Fitness 2 - and used to play it a LOT. I agree, a class is more fun, but if you're shy or pressed for time it's a good option. Like someone else said- sometimes the belt is a hassle, as it won't pick up all your movements. Also- I don't like the downtime between songs. Other than that- it's a lot of fun and a pretty good workout.
  • StudioMaid
    StudioMaid Posts: 84 Member
    I plan on getting Zumba for the Wii. I have lost 54 lbs of the 129 that I want to lose.
    I walk my treamill everyday and would like to change up just for something different.
  • Crazibaker
    Crazibaker Posts: 130 Member
    I have Zumba I and II for the Wii and I also agree that II is way better. I use it when I either get sick of going to the gym or don't have time. It's a fantastic calorie burner and it's fun. I am a little annoyed by the down time in between songs as well, but I usually run in place or something.
    I have had no problems with the belt.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Not a comment about Zumba, but I really liked EA active for my Wii. It combines cardio and strength moves. I used it all the time when I first started and lost lots of inches from my rear and thighs.
  • Anatirado
    Anatirado Posts: 1 Member
    I never tried zumba for wii, but tried the CDs they are ok but nothing like being in a real class with very super loud music! I love zumba!