Job Interview Situation This Morning

So what would you do in this situation:

What I emailed a perspective employer on Tuesday after she said she wanted me to come in for an interview:

I am available on the 15th at noon for an interview.

What she emailed me back:

Great, see you tomorrow at 10am.

What I emailed her back:

Tomorrow is actually the 14th, but I can come on Wednesday if that works better for you. Also, I'm unable to come until 12pm due to my current work schedule.

I didn't hear back from her as of today at 8:45am.

The problem: Tomorrow (today) is the 14th, NOT the 15th. I currently have a job and cannot leave until my lunch time for an interview. Should I come up with some excuse and bail out of here to make the time she thinks I'm coming or just wait to see if she ever responds to my email? Time's ticking away....

Thanks for the help!!!!!

Replies

• megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Is there no way to call her?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    Is there no way to call her?

I agree with this. Forget the email and call her to speak with her so that you can iron it out and get the correct date. Otherwise she'll probably assume you're a no-show and scratch you off the list.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Call the person. There is a way to find the number if it wasn't listed in the job ad.

If not than go. If you miss it she may not give you a second chance.
  • I tried and got voicemail. The job is for an office assistant, so she doesn't have one right now, so no one to answer the phones. I'm so not sure what to do and I don't want to miss out on this opportunity.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    If you don't want to miss out you will have to find a way to get there for 10. If you do, don't tell your interviewer that you made an excuse to get out of work to go to the interview.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Do you really want to work for someone who can't read, communicate, or pay attention to detail?

Or maybe this is her passive-agressive way of saying, "11/14 at 10 AM is the only time that works for me."
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    I would make it work.
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Do you really want to work for someone who can't read, communicate, or pay attention to detail?

yea this ^
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    My hope is that the response you received was intended for someone else and she was so embarassed she just didn't respond when you pointed out the error.... Wishful thinking?
  • 1horsetown
    1horsetown Posts: 247 Member
    Of course, if this is the way she operates, you may NOT want to work for her.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    You really want to work for someone who is so completely hur dur?
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    You do not want a job as the assistant to somebody who doesn't know what day it is.
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member
    Well, I do hope that you were able to go to the interview.... and are there now. I also would have tried to find an excuse to go in today, just on the off chance that she would not have gotten your message to switch the interview to Thursday. Good luck!
  • piesbd
    piesbd Posts: 196 Member

Or maybe this is her passive-agressive way of saying, "11/14 at 10 AM is the only time that works for me."

Maybe why she needs an admin :laugh:
  • Do you really want to work for someone who can't read, communicate, or pay attention to detail?

I definitely did think about this, but I went anyway. I was kinda pissed when I got there and 2 other people were waiting who also had a 10am interview. She spent approximately 10 minutes with me and didn't ask a single question. I managed to promote my skills as much as possible, but who knows. Thanks for the advice everyone!
  • CaliGhurl
    CaliGhurl Posts: 2 Member
    If you want the job I say take an early lunch and go by there.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Could you take a lunch break and go? Good luck with whatever you end up doing!

Edited cause I just saw your reply-sorry! Glad you went but sorry to hear it didn't go over so well
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    I would go in on the 15th at noon like you emailed. She may have got emails mixed up. Good luck
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    So what would you do in this situation:

What I emailed a perspective employer on Tuesday after she said she wanted me to come in for an interview:

I am available on the 15th at noon for an interview.

What she emailed me back:

Great, see you tomorrow at 10am.

What I emailed her back:

Tomorrow is actually the 14th, but I can come on Wednesday if that works better for you. Also, I'm unable to come until 12pm due to my current work schedule.

I didn't hear back from her as of today at 8:45am.

The problem: Tomorrow (today) is the 14th, NOT the 15th. I currently have a job and cannot leave until my lunch time for an interview. Should I come up with some excuse and bail out of here to make the time she thinks I'm coming or just wait to see if she ever responds to my email? Time's ticking away....

Thanks for the help!!!!!

If she's not listening and/or being thick headed now, what about when you're working for her? All this pre-interview stuff is already telling you this may not be the job for you..