Three Day, Military Diet

Options
Hey! I was wondering if anyone on here has tried the Three Day, Military Diet? I am starting tomorrow and any helpful comments or testimonies will be great! Thanks! :)

Replies

• AmberzHeartz
    AmberzHeartz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I know 3 girls that have done it. They all lost weight. One friend did just the diet, no working out and lost 5 Lbs, my cousin worked out and did it and lost about 5 as well ( not that she has anything to lose to begin with at 5'3 140lbs), and her friend worked out and did it and lost 8 Lbs. I have not done it yet but I want to!!!
  • imthejenjen
    imthejenjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    What is this Military Diet you speak of? ;]
  • Ariana120689
    Ariana120689 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Did they gain any of it back?
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    HA...i was wondering the same thing! im gonna try it starting saturday! i looked up reviews and theres alot of good ones. nobody lost 10 lbs but anywhere from 5-8! im excited to see!
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    oh yeah...and one i found the person lost 80 some lbs doing it...3 days on 3 off 3 on and so fourth and didnt gain any back. as long as you maintain eating healthy on your off days!
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    "Three Day Military Diet"----the problem is in the name!
  • RikkiDominey
    RikkiDominey Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump**
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    http://www.goarmy.com/soldier-life/fitness-and-nutrition/components-of-nutrition/healthy-diet.html
    The most accurate way to control caloric intake is to control the size of food portions you eat. You can use standard household measuring utensils and a small kitchen scale to measure portions of foods and beverages so you have a better idea of exactly what your portion sizes are. It may also be helpful to keep a daily record of all the foods you’ve eaten and physical activity you’ve done so you can balance your calorie intake against your physical output.

^^^Somehow, I doubt that's the same thing you're talking about
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I hate how people tack on military, or bootcamp, or something else to make it sound hardcore. You want hardcore? PT with some marines. Do bear crawls up sand dunes with an 80lb ruck. The actual military would kick me out if I followed some ridiculous crash diet that compromised my health.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Wow, just read the food plan. I'd be chewing someones face off if I only ate that.
  • RikkiDominey
    RikkiDominey Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I hate how people tack on military, or bootcamp, or something else to make it sound hardcore. You want hardcore? PT with some marines. Do bear crawls up sand dunes with an 80lb ruck. The actual military would kick me out if I followed some ridiculous crash diet that compromised my health.

^^^ This
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Just looked it up. This is a VERY OLD diet, My mom use to do this when I was little and I tried it several times with her after that. They also call it the Three-Day Cleveland Clinic Diet and the 3 day Hotdog diet. Really you will lose a few pounds and put them right back. Trust me done it when I was in my teens and it doesnt work. Plus you will be hungry LOL.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the military diet if you were cornered in Bataan...

I would automatically be wary of anything that has a time limit or a set meal plan.

What is it about this "diet" that interests you?
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    "Just looked it up. This is a VERY OLD diet, My mom use to do this when I was little and I tried it several times with her after that. They also call it the Three-Day Cleveland Clinic Diet and the 3 day Hotdog diet. Really you will lose a few pounds and put them right back. Trust me done it when I was in my teens and it doesnt work. Plus you will be hungry LOL."

OMG..this was around in the 70's. Three day diet-- what is it, like 500 calories per day. Why bother, you will gain it all back when you eat normally again. Try something healthy.
  • Adilts814
    Options
    I think it looks like a good jump start. 5-8lbs in 3 days! heck ya I would stay motivated to exercise and eat healthier if I could lose that much right off the bat.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I think it looks like a good jump start. 5-8lbs in 3 days! heck ya I would stay motivated to exercise and eat healthier if I could lose that much right off the bat.

It's normally water weight and is gained back once the person starts eating normal.
  • ruby72288
    ruby72288 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Any updates on the three day diet? I think it's awesome...and I added all the cals per day and it's like 1200...so it's not as horrible as people think
  • gabiinacio
    gabiinacio Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I did this diet once every few months for the entire duration of 2010, and I did in fact lose weight. The first 3-5 times I lost an average of 5-9lbs within the 3 days. Then after that it would only be a 1-2lb loss. I did not gain back any weight and managed to lose 50lbs (Not off the 3 day diet alone, but off of exercise) The 3 day diet was only to help whenever I plateau...

I also think the calorie intake is about 800 calories not 1200.

I gained back 35lbs in the summer of 2012 due to being in a new relationship and abandoning my exercise completely. I've tried the 3 day diet twice this year and lost 0lbs. So I think initially it helps the first few times, but after that your body gets used to it.

Hope that helped.
  • gabiinacio
    gabiinacio Posts: 124 Member
    Options

It's normally water weight and is gained back once the person starts eating normal.

I doubt it, I never gained the weight back. I also continued a exercise routine, and ate healthier as well. Its great as a jumpstart.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Wow a Three Day Military diet! Who comes up with this crap? I just retired after 20 yrs of Active Duty and have never seen or heard of a military diet. Does this mean eating MRE's or T-rations? Those are the only "military" foods I can think of.