Struggling to get to 20!

Options
Does anyone else find it hard to get through "thresholds"? You know - losing 20lbs, breaking through the next stone barrier etc, I'm stuck at the moment at under 20 and so want to move on. I find self-motivation a bit lacking when I don't have a steady loss. But I'll be better tomorrow I'm sure!

Replies

• fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    oh man.....im having the same problem!!! i am stuck at 18 at the moment and i just cant seem to reach 20 either!!!! its driving me nuts!!!!! if i cant lose 20 how am i gonna lose 80????!!!! im not giving up, but it is depressing! good luck to you!
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Yeah those stopping points do suck, but keep on!!! It will come off and I have found that after i get over the hill of a wt I loose faster in the next couple of weeks!!!! So there is a silver lining to every cloud!
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    Oh yes!! I need to lose 13 pounds, I've lost 4 in 3 months!!! When it gets down to those last pounds it gets hard hard hard!!! Keep with it, feel great about what you've done already and keep going :flowerforyou:
  • trollorbust
    trollorbust Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck at 40lbs and my dr told me to go on a liquid diet for a week and see how that does.. I have lost 7 lbs in just a few days... don't drink alot of drinks with surger
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I was there for the past week. I really made a point to hit as close to my calories as possible (I tend to eat a little under) and I drank an extra 2 bottles of water every day... and I watched my sodium like a hawk. FINALLY it came off... and I lost 2 pounds really fast!
  • rachaelbermingham
    Options
    Thanks for all the supportive postings. I suppose the silly thing is that we get hung up on numbers. There's no reason why 20lbs should be more difficult than 17 lbs or 22 lbs but it just seems hard. I'm grateful to have stayed steady this week. Yesterday was a munchies day I'm afraid - although I really did enjoy every last mouthful! Good luck to all of you with your weight loss. And deep respect to Tiffany. I am hugely impressed.