What are your "go to" foods?

Options
Does anyone have any foods that you eat that are good choices, not a lot of effort (relatively speaking) and you don't get tired of no matter how often you have them? I need some new ideas!

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Over easy eggs on top of sauteed cabbage -- super quick, delicious and cheap. It's easy to add the additional fat I eat when I'm cooking the eggs and sauteing the cabbage too which is a plus. It's usually my breakfast but I'll make it for dinner too if it's only me eating. I eat it almost every day, love it.
  • uncbluci
    uncbluci Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have a handful of go-to meals that I have had in rotation for a long time and haven't gotten tired of yet:

breakfast:
    -banana/almond milk/PB/oatmeal smoothie. So delicious, I was pretty addicted to these but have laid off them for the winter since I want something warm
    -whole wheat english muffin and a poached egg. I have a microwave egg poacher thing so this is insanely easy to make. Add cheese sometimes
    - Use my Keurig for the hot water to make plain oatmeal and I add some brown sugar and almonds (my copy cat version of starbucks perfect oatmeal)
    - when in a real hurry and/or have nothing else to make- jimmy dean's turkey sausage breakfast bowls.

lunches/dinners:
    -tuna pasta... sounds gross but i love it. Whole wheat pasta shells, canned tuna, lemon juice, olive oil, parsley. add capers or garlic sometimes
    -tuna, quinoa, low fat mayo, tomato
    -burrito bowl.... basically whatever you would put in a burrito but eat it as a salad. I do quinoa or brown rice, plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream, black beans, tomato, avocado
    - chicken breast on the foreman grill and microwave sweet potato
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    If I'm short on protein: cottage cheese or beef jerky
    short on fat: peanut butter
    short on carbs: fruit
  • maritza140
    Options
    turkey sausage and veggies omelet (I keep diced onions, all color bell peppers, spinach in bags in the freezer) whip two eggs, chop the TS and mix with veggies and in 5 minutes you have a great meal that will keep you full for many hours.

My go to breakfast is Fage Greek Yogurt or whole wheat bagel slims with almond butter. Great to go!
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Ready flavoured dried couscous.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    The smoothie sounds awesome! I'll have to play around with some combinations. I love them in the morning or after working out. I have also never thought of using my Keurig to make oatmeal. Genius!

Thanks for the ideas!