Future bridesmaid, please help!

Options
I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place but hopefully someone here can help me

I am a bridesmaid in a wedding in March and the bride wants to order our dresses online. She is ready to order but the wedding is still 4 months away. I hope to be down at least another 20 lbs by then. So far I have lost close to 40 lbs, my bust and hips have stayed the same but I have lost 4 inches from my waist and 5 inches from my belly.

Should I order by my current size or have her order the next size smaller? It is so hard because we can't try the dresses on.

Replies

• brogers916
    Options
    I would try and wait if she is okay with it. Explain to her your situation. If she wants you to get it now, you can always get it altered closer to the wedding. It only takes a few days for alterations.
  • sgoblirsch
    Options
    I would order you current size, and keep trying to lose weight. If you have to have it taken it; great! But if the dress is too small, there is not much you can do.
  • Adilts814
    Options
    With experience at buying the wedding dress I thought that I could just drop some extra weight b4 the wedding so I ended up buying a dress too small for motivation. I was a bad idea. I lost 10 more pounds b4 my wedding day but I still couldn't breath in my dress, buy the size you are now and alter it where it is needed an month b4 the wedding
  • KristiBell1
    KristiBell1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Okay, good cause I told her to order my current size. I was freaking out over the what if's! What if is too big? What if it is too small?
  • schell81
    schell81 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I just got married and I think I can help! One of my bridesmaids ordered a dress convinced that she would lose 10 pounds and gained 10. It cost her $150 in alterations to get it to fit! Another bridesmaids got a dress that would fit her at the time of ordering and lost about 8 pounds, her alterations were $20! The third bridesmaid was working out and lost the 10 pounds she wanted but her body wasn't the shape she'd planned it to be and had to squish her chest into the dress and it was tight. The dress was only fitted around the top with a A-line bottom. I would advise to order your size now, or down one because altering down is much cheaper and you can't predict how where the weight will come off of