• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    What is the best way to lose inches?

Caloric deficit or amputation
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    your diet and heavy lifting, in my opinion.
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    oXGetFitBabeXo Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Would chunches or running on a treadmill be better? what has a better impact
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    your diet and heavy lifting, in my opinion.

I agree with this. Even just adding in a little bit of strength training really helped me lose inches.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Crunches will help tone the muscles in the stomach, this can tighten the stomach and pull in some fat making it seem like an inch or two are gone.

Running on the treadmill will result in more calories burned which CAN help fat loss (other factors apply). This would result in less fat on the stomach area, thus losing inches.

A combination of the two would work best. Although, instead of crunches, other exercises are very helpful with the core such as combination weight lifting that strengthens the core and other stabilized muscles.
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options

Or both
  • stacystilly
    Options
    I would saying lifting for sure! I started lifting and althought I did not lose lbs, I lost about 6 inches total (arms, chest, bum, stomach) in about a month. I did about 20-30 mins cardio after I lifted and watched my carb intake. Helped a lot.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    What every one else said...but if you want inches off your waist, here's a fantastic vid. Search youtube for waist cinching or obliques...the stuff really helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_J8btnIEKQ&feature=share&list=PL0E1AAF3040DDE361
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    diet and strength training primarily.

although I do more cardio than weights but some of that is yoga and other forms of exercise that does build strength. In fact, every single cardio class I take has time in it devoted to strength. I work out in the weight room usually 3 hrs a week (typically 45 mins/ 4 days a week) And I take HEAT, water aerobics, yoga, and R.I.P.P.E.D which as I mentioned do have a strength component to them. I take 6-8 of those classes a week.

I lost 19 inches from all over my body in one month.
  • oXGetFitBabeXo
    oXGetFitBabeXo Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    i think my workout is gonna consist of walk/running on the treadmill & some weight training! Thanks all
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

^ That plus strength training doesn't hurt.
  • Jessicao33
    Jessicao33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I wanted to ask I do the treadmill walk daily but I also want to lose inches. I don't have a gym or a lot od weighs. I have weighs but like a pound each. I want to lose inches on my tummy hips and thighs any help would be great. I also want to tone..trying to get 50 pounds off and inches down...
  • katziz
    katziz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would saying lifting for sure! I started lifting and althought I did not lose lbs, I lost about 6 inches total (arms, chest, bum, stomach) in about a month. I did about 20-30 mins cardio after I lifted and watched my carb intake. Helped a lot.

HOW MANY DAYS A WEEK DID YOU DO THIS? SINCE I CANT SEEM TO LOSE ANY MORE WEIGHT, I'LL START AIMING FOR INCHES. LOL.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is a great workout for inches. A lot of people have had success with it.