Met with a Nutritionist Today

Options
Hello all, I'm been on a weight loss journey for what feels like my entire life. But today I met with a nutritionist who had me start back up with My Fitness Pal. I've used this tool in the past, and have had some sucess. But I'm looking for friends to help motivate me along the way. I need to get the four letter work diet out of my head and know that this is a lifestyle change and not something that will happen over night and that is okay. I hope to meet some people who feel the same way. Thanks!!

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to mfp. It is an awesome site. I've met with a dietician multiple times and have learned to eat healthy (although I sometimes slip back into making unhealthy choices) and eat a balanced meal. This is a healthy lifestyle change and it won't happen over night. It is a sprint and not a marathon. Take it one step at a time and you'll be able to do this. Please feel free to add me for support and motivation. My name is Kimberlee, 49.
  • D3vAnge1
    D3vAnge1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Els! I too have been meeting with a dietician this go around. Using MFP has made this journey much more feasible & my goals easier to attain. If only I'd been more u2d yrs ago, I may have been already at my goal weight....Guess, it's better l8 than never, huh?

Feel free to "pal" me if you'd like. Although I haven't been all that consistent w/ working out, I'm logging quite consistently ntl.
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    request sent!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, It's not over night for any of us and it sure isn't any diet I've ever been on for the first time in my life I know how many calories I burn. I learned to eat back my exercise calories so I was never hungry and still lost weight. Of course for a while I was like a hamster on a wheel doing hours of cardio so I could eat a large pizza but I was still losing weight. Have fun, get a HRM so you know your calories burned. Measure your food.....have fun!!!!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm been on a weight loss journey for what feels like my entire life. But today I met with a nutritionist who had me start back up with My Fitness Pal. I've used this tool in the past, and have had some sucess. But I'm looking for friends to help motivate me along the way. I need to get the four letter work diet out of my head and know that this is a lifestyle change and not something that will happen over night and that is okay. I hope to meet some people who feel the same way. Thanks!!

The only thing that will work is seeing this as a lifestyle change... and not a diet. When you do that, you'll stay with it. I still have problems once in a while... but, so far, I'm staying successful. Feel free to add me if you want. I log in everyday... and I try my best to be a good supportive friend.