Insanity/Les MIlls Pump/Turbofire/P90X

Options
Hey everyone, i am looking for people who are doing those programs too and love them! I dropped 30 lbs with 2 rounds of Insanity and now trying to get lean with Les Mills Pump (I am halfway through it) and then will follow up with turbofire!

Add me as a friend! My friends are sick of hearing me talk about how much i love those programs and i can't help it I LOVE THOSE PROGRAMS!

Replies

• PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Insanity and Turbo Fire hybrid. I did Insanity before (Feb/March 2012). Then, I did the first month of Insanity again in October 2012. I just started the hybrid, but I really love both programs and don't want to chose. :-)

For some reason, I have a negative feeling towards P90X. I honestly just don't think I like Tony Horton as much as I like Shaun T & Chalene Johnson. I think it's great for other people, but it's just not for me.

Les Mills Pump is next on my list after the hybrid.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have 6 weeks left of p90x. I love it. When I am done, I am thinking of doing turbofire or insanity. I know those focus on high intensity calorie burning exercises, but will they also maintain the strength I built up doing p90x? Which program would be better for that.
  • PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine that you will lose any muscle/strength doing Insanity. It's quite intense. It is very Cardio focused, but you do a lot of pushups, jumps, squats, jabs, etc to build/maintain muscle. Like I said, I just started Turbo Fire, but did a lot of research first. I wanted something FUN that would also be a workout. Even after a month of Insanity, my arms were still sore the next day after starting Turbo Fire. All the reviews I have read say they are both good for building / maintaining muscle.

I am obviously not expert. This is just my guess and gut reaction to your question.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks.
  • mangusjm
    Options
    Wow its nice to hear from people who have had such success with these programs. I have not tried any of them, although I want to. I am just getting back into the gym, but after a few months I usually get bored and start to slack.. So I was thinking of switching things up and doing one of these programs. Is there anything I should know before I start? And should I build up to a certain cardio/ strength level?
  • pat_asai
    pat_asai Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    LOVE P90X!
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    loving insanity! In recovery week of round 1 right now. If I plan to do it again (which I do) have you guys redone the ENTIRE program or do you just redo month 2 since that's where most people see the best results?
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to start P90X!

I've been working out 6 days a week to other DVDs this month just to be in better shape to start on Monday, December 3rd.

I can use all the motivation, tips & support that can be thrown at me, and I will do the same!

Anyone doing beach body programs looking for buddies please add me.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I just did Day 3 of Insanity. I was really planning on skipping the Cardio Recovery but decided to push through it. Glad I did it because I was sweating it up and my muscles feel great!
  • whityluv
    Options
    I redid the whole entire program and just did the recovery week in between! :)
  • NerdyBirdy247
    Options
    I <3 TurboFire...I've got ALOT of weight to lose and its falling off with TurboFire! I did 5 weeks this time last year and then ive done it on and off throught the year but not im back at it. Coupled with eating clean and Green tea i feel GREAT!!

PS i cant stop talking about it either xx
  • jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have done turbofire and then the turbofire/Chalean extreme hybrid, and due to start Insanity when I finish this

They are very effective, and motivating. I am boring people too
  • slevy04
    Options
    I loved Insanity and might do Round 2. My knees were really bothering me by the end, but now they feel back to normal. Currently doing 30DS and running. Might start off 2013 with Insanity again - it is addictive!
  • soumbos
    soumbos Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have done P90X, Insanity, and Asylum (I know it's not mentioned here, but it's awesome :))

Anyone looking for a fitness pal who also loves these programs and can offer motivation and support feel free to add me!!
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity and Chalean extreme