Does Insanity work??!

Options
Are people having success with insanity? I did it for four weeks, ate a strict diet and not only did I maintain weight, but my measurements and BMI were the same as well. I felt tired due to the energy needed to do it, not stronger. Anyone else struggle with it or do I need to just give it another shot!

Replies

• PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I dropped 2 pant sizes in about a month doing Insanity. My weight pretty much stayed the same, but I obviously lost quite a few inches.

I will say that I have heard people say that they didn't really see any major results until the second month. This was obviously not the case for me, but since you see to be in that position, I thought I'd mention it.

I do feel a lot stronger and energetic. Are you sure you are eating enough? You may need more fuel for such an intense workout. Did you use the materials that comes along with Insanity to figure out suggested calories?
  • itspat25
    Options
    I may have not been eating enough/sleeping enough. I bought the dvd's off of a friend so I don't have the materials that comes along with it, but maybe I will try to find it online if you felt it helped. Did you follow the meal plan strictly?
  • jacquirich
    jacquirich Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It does work, but you have to ensure you are getting enough sleep and eating more calories :drinker:
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first month , 2nd time thru. It has done amazing things to my body , getting results that I havent seen in almost 10 years. As long as you give it 100% for a the few minues a day that it requires, it does work! My husband and I have both lost around 25 pounds each due to Insanity.Whata life saver, we do follow the eating plan as well.
  • motogsp
    motogsp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 3rd day so really cant say if it is working or not. It is working the muscels that is for sure. I guess in your case it depends on how much wieght you are try to lose and whether or not you will see a big difference. I would say if you were really tired then it is possible not eating enough. just my .02
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I too didn't see results until the second month, but it slid off for that last month.. You need to eat to fuel your body though, 1200 calories isn't going to cut it and you gotta push yourself.
  • ltkasmala
    ltkasmala Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I haven't used Insanity but did use a similar DVD set and got, what I consider, great results. No, I still don't have six pack abs, but considering I started at 200 pounds and am close to 160 and have already dropped from size 18 to 12, I think I'm doing fine! I was a "big girl"! I didn't expect to look like those folks in the commercial after only a couple of months, but the key, I think, is you have to be faithful in using it. If it is like the one I used, the suggested every other day and I did so and moved from week to week as well. Week 1 was the hardest. What impressed me by week 8 I was incredibly stronger than I have been in a long time, and I am 52 years old and overweight for at least past 10 years. The system is worth it just from that perspective in my book. :)
  • foxombie
    Options
    I haven't been doing Insanity for very long, only a couple of weeks, but I do feel fitter so far.
    I thought this thread might be okay for me to ask -
    I'm in my final year at uni and my timetable is truly hectic. I tend to get eczema flareups quite badly when I'm stressed, and therefore my schedule and skin condition doesn't allow me to do the Insanity workout for a day or a few days at a time. I try to do other moderate exercise or weight training on those days instead. Do you think that Insanity will still help me in the long run even if I'm forced to not do it every day? Thanks
  • PennStateChick
    Options
    I may have not been eating enough/sleeping enough. I bought the dvd's off of a friend so I don't have the materials that comes along with it, but maybe I will try to find it online if you felt it helped. Did you follow the meal plan strictly?

We do not follow the meal plan strictly. Both my boyfriend and I figured out our suggested calories. We did look at the suggested food lists and tried many of the Tier 1 & Tier 2 foods if we hadn't tried them before. Beyond that, we focused on eating healthier and staying within/reaching our calorie goals each day. However, I'd be lying if I said we didn't also splurge/get bad occasionally.
  • rede2go
    rede2go Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am currently in week 6 and I have seen a huge change in body and physical ability. I lost 8.2 lbs in the first month (havent weighed in since, I only weigh myself once a month personal preference). I absolutely think this program works. If your not eating enough or sleeping are you able to give it 100%? No one can.... rest up my friend eat and giver another go! You can do this ! You will see results! I would be shocked if you didnt!
  • slevy04
    Options
    I loved Insanity. I didn't lose much and should have concentrated more on diet. But at the end I had lost inches and felt stronger than I've felt in years.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing Insanity for very long, only a couple of weeks, but I do feel fitter so far.
    I thought this thread might be okay for me to ask -
    I'm in my final year at uni and my timetable is truly hectic. I tend to get eczema flareups quite badly when I'm stressed, and therefore my schedule and skin condition doesn't allow me to do the Insanity workout for a day or a few days at a time. I try to do other moderate exercise or weight training on those days instead. Do you think that Insanity will still help me in the long run even if I'm forced to not do it every day? Thanks

I am currently doing P90X this way. I do it every other day on days I am not running. I know Insanity is a different program but I think you would still get benefits from it even if you take a day or two off to do some other exercise.
  • redtim22
    redtim22 Posts: 144
    Options
    It works!!

19338226_3734.jpg
  • kayesmom
    Options
    i didnt lose any weight at all until i was into the 2nd month. Maybe because that first month I was always hungry - and I didnt get it under control until the 2nd month.
    I know i was getting stronger because my fit test was SO MUCH BETTER!

Insanity is great for me because I love the high energy. I finished my first round, and while I am not doing another 'official' round, i do the routines 3-4 times a week (I also jog and do zumba).

I have lost 10 pounds in 4 months, which is pretty freaking amazing for someone who is a petite 5' tall!

bottom line: stick with it if you enjoy it. Find something else if you dont.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Silly question. Any excercise program works if you actually do it.

Pick something and do it.
  • samlankford
    Options
    I LOVE inanity, the asylum and p90x2... I really would give it another try... I personally felt better with following the p90x2 "fat shredder" macros of '50% protein, 30% carbs, and 20% fat"... I have MORE energy if my carbs are kept low.... I eat around 1700-1800 calories a day... if I don't eat enough I don't cry over it.. just really make sure that you land properly... good luck!! Think my FAVORITE insanity workout is the month 2 "max interval circuit"... don't know why but I LOVE that one!!:happy:
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing insanity but I do have some questions about it:

1. Do you need any specific equipment? I know P90X requires a chin up bar and some weights.
    2. Is it boring and repetitive?
    3. How is it on joints? I read reviews about people getting hurt from doing the workouts
    4. Would it be too much to still go to the gym while doing Insanity?

I'm just looking for something to pump up my workouts. I love the gym and I'm looking to add a little something "extra" .

Thanks!! :smile:
  • PennStateChick
    Options
    I'm not doing insanity but I do have some questions about it:

1. Do you need any specific equipment? I know P90X requires a chin up bar and some weights.
    2. Is it boring and repetitive?
    3. How is it on joints? I read reviews about people getting hurt from doing the workouts
    4. Would it be too much to still go to the gym while doing Insanity?

I'm just looking for something to pump up my workouts. I love the gym and I'm looking to add a little something "extra" .

Thanks!! :smile:

1. No equipment required at all.
    2. I don't find it boring. It's fairly repetitive for each dvd (you do 3 of each set). However, there are like 10 different discs and you do a different workout every day. However, some of the moves do go from one dvd to another.
    3. There is a lot of jumping. It would be possible to get hurt doing Insanity or pretty much any other workout. I think you just need to know your limits.
    4. It depends what you do at the gym and what condition you are in. I do the elliptical or treadmill every morning to "warm up for my day." I, then, do Insanity in the evening with my boyfriend. I don't feel like that's too much, but I think I would struggle to lift. But again, I think this is a matter of knowing your limits, too. Some people definitely would be able to do more than me.
  • redtim22
    redtim22 Posts: 144
    Options
    I LOVE inanity, the asylum and p90x2... I really would give it another try... I personally felt better with following the p90x2 "fat shredder" macros of '50% protein, 30% carbs, and 20% fat"... I have MORE energy if my carbs are kept low.... I eat around 1700-1800 calories a day... if I don't eat enough I don't cry over it.. just really make sure that you land properly... good luck!! Think my FAVORITE insanity workout is the month 2 "max interval circuit"... don't know why but I LOVE that one!!:happy:

That one kills but you're right I look forward to that one too. Maybe were both crazy haha!
  • Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I did the full 63 days and actually gained weight. I love the program and once I finish rush fit will probably do a second round. My measurements went down slightly overall I did not see a huge difference, but my endurance and fitness level did improve greatly. Stick out the program it is great but make certain to up your daily calories. GL!