A somewhat annoying NSV!

Options
I can no longer run in my favorite pair of shorts I have x___x they used to fit snug and look decent, but now they are falling off my *kitten*! lmao. I can't even carry a water bottle in them now because they start sagging off. These are my favorite shorts at the moment too. I'm happy that I am losing weight, but sad that I might have to retire these things before too long. Lol :P

Replies

• MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    lol, I think that's a good problem to have though, even if it is somewhat annoying!
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! Search for the same pair in a smaller size as a reward :)
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Haha I know that feeling! Last night at kickboxing I spent the whole class pulling up my shorts because they kept trying to fall off! Just a few months ago they fit snugly and looked so cute :grumble: Congrats on your NSV!
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one!

I started a 12-week intense weight-lifting and nutrition program. Last week I bought a new pair of work pants that were a bit snug in the thighs, but fit pretty well around the hips.

I didn't wear them at all last week, one week later and I could pull them down without unbuttoning them.

They're such an awesome pair of pants, too!!! I guess I'll wash them in hot water....
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Have you considered seeking a tailor? Mine adjusts waistbands for like $7. You may be able to lose the weight AND keep the shorts :)
  • Sahara0815
    Options
    Congrats on the NSV, that is an awesome achievement. What about having them taken in? Sometimes it's easier and cheaper than buying new ... especially when you love love love something. I just had some thermal shirts taken in ..,. who in the world has thermals taken in? ... hahahaha. Enjoy!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Congratulations...I know for me it was sometimes bittersweet to get rid of a few of my bigger clothing items when I lost weight! There were a few things I REALLY was sad to give away, even if it wass for an awesome reason!

The upside....I do still get to see some of my better old clothes....only they're my 20 year old niece in Facebook photos!:laugh:

Anyway...great job - keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    You should be like this lady I saw on Extreme Cheapskates and hold them up with a binder clip. :bigsmile:
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You should be like this lady I saw on Extreme Cheapskates and hold them up with a binder clip. :bigsmile:

HAHAH. :laugh: :laugh: I was TOTALLY about to say the same thing! Glad to know I'm not the only one who has seen that show.

What an awesome NSV. :D Stupid shorts. :bigsmile:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weightloss.

You'll find new favorites that you'll like even more.
  • Kevster75
    Options
    Well done on making a noticable change!!
    Feel good!! :)

Also - Keep the shorts!
    They'll always remind you of the efforts you've made and the gains you've achieved!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I have to replace like all of my comfy yoga pants that I wear to work out. I tried doing jumping jacks in one pair, and they fell to my ankles. Thank God I was in my own house!! It's an excellent thing, but I HATE having to replace clothes! Especially when you have a favorite item!!!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Hahaha that is an awesome NSV even though it's annoying! Congrats on your efforts paying off!

Maybe start looking for drawstring shorts/pants next time?
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Congrats.
    I discovered that the same gremlins that live in dryers and eat socks also seem to put longer draw strings in shorts.:bigsmile:
  • HazenAllen
    HazenAllen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the love everyone!

I hope to be down enough by Christmas to treat myself to some nice clothes :P
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the love everyone!

I hope to be down enough by Christmas to treat myself to some nice clothes :P

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!