Washington D.C. friends?

Options
Just moved to the area and looking for fit friends and motivation. Where do you guys workout? Where is it safe to run?

And hey if you're in my area, Atlas District on H Street, maybe we could run together sometime too! :D

Replies

• ashlielinn
    Options
    ME :) Well, I technically live outside of the city (in MD) BUT I work in Georgetown and would love a running buddy after work when it stops being so ridiculously cold outside! :)
  • jet221
    jet221 Posts: 70
    Options
    I live in Alexandria VA but work in DC. I'd be up to meet up for a run and maybe we can become accountability friends! I ride too if you have a bike...
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Feel free to friend me :)
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You might want to stop by Gallaudet University. It's nice place to chill out and meet new friends and new language.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Native of the area, live in NoVA
  • eclare87
    eclare87 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing guys! I hope I can find some pals in the Northeast (NE) parts of the District too! :)
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing guys! I hope I can find some pals in the Northeast (NE) parts of the District too! :)

You might want to stop by Fla Ave and 6th street on weekends for a farm market. They have awesome food selections over there.
  • girlonabikedc
    girlonabikedc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I live on the border of Columbia Heights/Adams Morgan. I usually run in the Cleveland Park area. The Mall is always a nice choice too, especially at night.

I don't get over to H St NE much, but I always have a good time when I do. Check out The Daily Rider if you need a bike/supplies. SOVA is one of my favorite coffee shops.
  • eclare87
    eclare87 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I hadn't thought about The Mall for some reason! I do know the brick sidewalks near me are already hurting my legs so I might have to travel a bit outside my locale for a really good run.
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    I hadn't thought about The Mall for some reason! I do know the brick sidewalks near me are already hurting my legs so I might have to travel a bit outside my locale for a really good run.

Running on the mall is wonderful!!!! There's a 10k on the mall in a few weeks that I really want to do, but I'll be out of town :(