Acai Berry Powder?

Options
Hi :)
I've heard that acai berry (the 100% natural ones, not the artificial ones) are extremely beneficial antidioxidants and and it really helps the body. Well, my aunt is taking the acai pills (freezedried acai, I think) and she said it really does boost the energy and help with bloating and stuff. So, I've been looking around places like BioNatural Nutrition and GNC and the pharmacies, but none of them sell the pill. Anyway, I heard the powder has the same effect, so if anyone's tried it, please could you answer these questions?

> How do you use it? (Like, do you just add it to water and blend or can I use it in smoothies, just strawberries, skimmed milk and the powder)?
> Is it sour? I cannot stand sour berries! *pulls face
> If it is, does adding splenda make it better or just worse?

Erm...that's it, I think. I wand to know these things before I end up wasting money and having a sack of untouched acai powder in the kitchen. lol

Thanks in advance. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ActSingMom
    ActSingMom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the Acai berry's efficacy, but I can tell you this: DON'T ORDER IT ON THE INTERNET!!!! It is a huge scam, they take you credit card, keep charging you more and more, add other charges on without your permission. I had to cancel my card to stop them and file a criminal report.
  • marii92
    marii92 Posts: 77
    Options
    D/w :) I've read loads of stories about people who have been scammed and they had to cancel their credit cards. I was going to get it from GNC :)
  • dolly
    dolly Posts: 1
    Options
    First time to communicate here,usually just read and absorb BUT I do the acai caplets do seem to help with energy and bloating and I just feel better. BUY mine at walmart, I can't remeber the quanity in the bottle but I don't consider it expensive