Indoor Rock Climbing

Options
I went indoor rock climbing today for the first time. OMG so much fun. I went with my husband, and we had so so much fun. The only downfall was the 40 lbs difference between us when he was climbing and I was belaying (releasing the rope so he would come down) I often would lose my footing which always made for a less than smooth ride and a few groinal discomforts for him (sorry t.m.i)

Anyway we were there for 2 hours which flew by and I burned a total of 553 calories. So much fun didn't feel at all anything like work out (we'll see what my body thinks about that statement in the am lol).

I highly highly recomend you go out and give it a try!

Replies

• lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    The muscles in your forearms will remind you over the next couple days that it was a workout...:)

Nice to hear you had fun.
  • kas1021
    kas1021 Posts: 92
    Options
    we have a really nice local rock climbing gym. ive been wanting to try it for years. but i;m too much of a baby. I'm worried it will be too hard or that i'm too fat to try it. haha But im hearing more and more about rock climbing on this site so maybe i'll give it a try. it certainly sounds fun!
  • pisceswonder77
    pisceswonder77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Was wondering is there any around the Sandusky Ohio area . I would love to do that. :wink:
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I just googled Rock Climbing and then in whatever town you are looking for. Good luck