to weigh on not to weigh....

Options
Im getting excited about weighing in for my first week.
I know my stomach has shrunk a little. Im also a little nervous about weighing in cause Im afraid I might not have lost anything.
We will see!

Replies

• AmberMommyTo2G1B
    AmberMommyTo2G1B Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You know I would probably weigh.... I am very obsessive about the scales... I weigh like 3-5 times a day (it is really sad actually) . I don't even know why I do it. But if you are afraid you won't see a loss and it will get you down then wait another week. If you know you are losing inches that is really all that matteres. Because remember muscle weighs more then fat. That is what I had a hard time remembering in the beginning :) Good luck with the rest of your journey!
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily every morning just to keep myself accountable. I try really hard not to let it discourage me if I see it goes up since I know there's days when it will. Darn water weight! :grumble: Unless I'm PMSing I can usually shake off any sadness I get from increased weight once I think about it logically. :laugh: The true test is how my clothes fit and how I look. Try not to let the numbers get into your head. The first three weeks the scale didn't even move for me because I started building muscle. Remember, that you are treating your body right, giving it the things it needs. It will pay you back eventually as long as you stick to it :flowerforyou:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning too, when I first wake up, with nothing on, as they say that's the best time to do it since your weight fluctuates throughout the day. First thing when you wake up is the best way to be consistent.

Confession:
    I love playing with the scale, I have even weighed myself right before going to the bathroom and right after to see how much pee I was holding! :blushing:
    Am I wierd? Come on, you know you've done it too!
    Also, I weigh a pound more when my hair is wet, because it is long and thick and holds a lot of water! :laugh:
  • evildragongeek
    Options
    I found my first weigh in to be exciting and to be honest i am glad i am not the only one.
  • rosesoflove1025
    Options
    I try to only weigh myself once a week at the same time in the day. This helps me not to be obessed with the scale and keeps me motivating for the up incoming week.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Don't worry if the scale doesn't show anything after your first week because the key is what you said - that you feel like your tummy is getting smaller. That's why you should also take measurements because there will be times when the scale doesn't show a loss and sometimes it will even show a gain (water weight, PMS, etc). So the measurements are important, because your measurements will show a change when the scale doesn't (best to measure at a minimum every 2 weeks).
  • MommyNegray
    Options
    I agree with lilchino4af! You should measure yourself once a week! The measuring tape always tells the truth while the scale doesn't always! Plus it's so great to see those inches fall!