hi all:)

Options
hi everyone ok so im new here:) my name is sam aged 23 height 5ft 2.5 and weigh currently 230lb! x i am in need of losing alot of weight x yesterday was my 1st ''real' day and went well , i just wanted to say hi to everyone and would love people to add me give me hints tips ect ect :) thanks in advance x <3

Replies

• ericjcook
    Options
    Hullo!
  • samncam
    Options
    hi there:) hw long you been here and what u lost?
  • amyplaysflute
    amyplaysflute Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello! I hope everything goes well for you. My fitness pal really helps me to keep on track. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • darbest
    Options
    My name is Darlene and I have had this weight issue since I was 13. This issue is so complicated and someone who does not have the food/body issue do not understand. Everyday is going to be a good day and don't beat yourself up if you have a little sugar. Don't be hard on yourself. I will keep routing for you... You will do it, I know.
    Darlene
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    first of all you have to be more realistic with yourself... dont say you are in need of losing a lot of weight that is not a goal... you should say things like hey i want to drop xxxlbs by christmas, wear a size xxx by my birthday, go topless by summer... you should always set attainable goals for yourself write them down read them daily and use them to hold yourself accountable.

losing a lot of weight is easy you can drop 30bls by monday if you wanted to but that is not a true sign of success or something you can maintain longterm.

you can add me to your friends list if you want i will always give realistic support.
  • ericjcook
    Options
    About a year. My mind.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Good luck and just remember to be honest about serving sizes... I'd rather call it two servings than 1.5... Track everything... I even put down many of the spices and herbs I use... even many things with zero calories... Honesty with yourself will pay off... 97.2 pounds since July.
  • samncam
    Options
    hi all sorry just noticed all the replys wasnt sure where the thread was but im learning and found it!Lol wow 97lbloss that is brill x thanks everyone for the help and advice sent some friend requests out and would love to speak you you:) x ive had a few good day's:) to say what i was eating before and no excersice im now doing something everyday today ive burned over 700cal's doing 3 different workouts and feel great xx would love some recomendations for other workouts as at the minute i mainly do the pump it up dance dvd xx
  • cmagri11
    Options
    Welcome. I started last Monday and I have stuck with the dieting and exercise since. I already am feeling great, I am motivated and this site is GREAT for motivation. Reading everyone's success stories helps so much because it lets me know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Even if it hurts, do not give up....push through the pain, push through the hunger. Always say to yourself, this to shall pass.
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam... this is Sam. No for reals!

I have been on here since July and have lost 35 lbs so far. I just made it to 299 YAY!!!
  • samncam
    Options
    how much have you lose since last monday hun/?x and well done same x thats brill:) xx i think one fo my problem (maybe we all think it) i want results and fast!Lol you know i would love to lose 1 stone 14lbs by 8th december my sons 2nd birthday party.. is this do able?? xx
  • Tujuannaevans
    Options
    Hi Sam, I am glad you are on here taking charge of your health while you are still young. It's an uphill journey to change your lifestyle but you can have all the support you need. Get a plan, stick to it and share your journey. Hope you friend me so I can celebrate with you!
  • Tujuannaevans
    Options
    Wonderful!!
  • pahouacarns
    pahouacarns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I've been on here since 10/26/2012, so almost 3 weeks. I am 4 ft 11 in, and weighed 157lbs on 10/26/12. I've been counting calories, doing the 30 day shred 4-6 times a week. I'm always surprised by how much food 1200 calories is when I eat more veggies and less crap. :) As of 11/12/12 I have lost 4.5 lbs and my clothes fit so much better (my pants are almost feeling loose). I have more energy and feel stronger. My hubby is also on this journey with me and has lost 11 lbs since we started. We keep eachother motivated through the rough days (there are lots!) and so far MFP has been a great source of motivation and tips.

Good for you for taking control and making the choice to be a healthier you!
  • cannelledame
    Options
    Hello and GOOD LUCK to everybody ! :))