Thanksgiving Challenge - Fitness Check in ~November 20

Options
NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Good morning. :yawn: Not too peppy this morning. I don't normally drink coffee but it might help this morning...

I did 45 minutes of leisurely walking yesterday when I went to finish up my shopping for Thanksgiving. I had big plans for more last night but with my hubby gone, the baby teething (and crying for hours), my older son (not quite 3) awake until 10:00... I flopped into bed as soon as the coast was clear. Uugh. Hopefully today will be better, exercise wise. I'd like to get about 400 extra calories in my pocket in the next 2 days to get a jump on Thanksgiving. Wish me luck!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++ Everyone!!! :flowerforyou:
Get out there and do a jumping jack, or two (or three or four...)
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning. :yawn: Not too peppy this morning. I don't normally drink coffee but it might help this morning...

I did 45 minutes of leisurely walking yesterday when I went to finish up my shopping for Thanksgiving. I had big plans for more last night but with my hubby gone, the baby teething (and crying for hours), my older son (not quite 3) awake until 10:00... I flopped into bed as soon as the coast was clear. Uugh. Hopefully today will be better, exercise wise. I'd like to get about 400 extra calories in my pocket in the next 2 days to get a jump on Thanksgiving. Wish me luck!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++ Everyone!!! :flowerforyou:
    Get out there and do a jumping jack, or two (or three or four...)
    Niccole
  • Jenls
    Jenls Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm sure its to late to join but what is this challenge exactly?
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Jenis, It's an exercise challenge until Thanksgiving. There will probably be one for Christmas as well.

Yesterday I walked for 104 minutes - throughout the day. Looks like there won't be any upper body strength training for a while as my thumb is going to be sore. I could work on my left arm though - it's weaker anyway.

Nicole - how are those resistance training things working out for you?
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know that I will meet my Thanksgiving goal of 150 pounds. Last Wednesday I weighed in at 151, but we had birthday cake this weekend and I have been sick so I haven't worked out as much. I weigh in tomorrow and I'll find out then! I have been trying to walk even though I haven't felt well. Today I am walking about forty minutes which is about 2.5 miles I think. Plus I have to do some heavy house cleaning to get ready for the in laws! It will be a busy day!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today is my lunch hour dance class... and I walk to it.
    So, an hour of dancing and forty minutes of walking.

:flowerforyou:
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I had an okay workout yesterday with a 1 hr spinning class and a 45 minute run/strength train session. I didn't feel too energetic, but I suffered through it nontheless! Today was much better! I ran for 55 minutes on the treadmill and then walked for 20 minutes more. Then I did about 20 minutes of strength training. I'm planning on going to a 4:30 yoga class, too! I'm trying to get my last push in before Thanksgiving...

Looking good everyone!!!
  • serenity1272
    Options
    Dang Katie...You GO GIRL!!! If I even tried to run for that long there would be a LINE of ambulances trying to give me oxygen....
    You are an inspiration...I want to be able to do that so bad...one step at a time though....
  • clwilliams222
    Options
    :noway: yea i can barely do 30 minutes on a tredmil...i'm just starting out though and i have a year to reach my goal weight of 135-140...i've been eating MUCH smaller portions and exercising hard to get ready for thanksgiving!!! and even then i have to be careful, this will be my first year without my usual one thousand slices of pie :tongue: