This annoys me...

Options
donyellemoniquex3
donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
My mom's friend is about 300lbs and has diabetes... His NUTRITIONIST is 400lbs !!!

It's like "yeah okay, where did you get your nutritionist degree... Axia College / University of Phoenix ?"

Replies

• sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with UofPhoenix. And there IS such a thing as knowing what to do but not doing it yourself.... as I'm sure EVERYBODY on this site knows. ;)
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    yeah - haven't you heard the old adage "those who can't, teach"??
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    haven't you heard the old adage "those who can't, teach"??

nope.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with UofPhoenix. And there IS such a thing as knowing what to do but not doing it yourself.... as I'm sure EVERYBODY on this site knows. ;)

This ^^^. FYI, there are plenty of people who go to more prestigious schools and don't know what they are doing.

You also don't know this persons history. Were they once 600 lbs and have lost weight? Do they have some underlying medical issue?
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    BOY THAT SURE IS ANNOYING HAVE YOU CONSIDERED REPORTING THEM TO THE STATE BOARD OF LICENSING OR PERHAPS FILING A SUIT YOURSELF BOY THATS JUST SO ANNOYING IT DRIVES ME NUTS I CANNOT BELIEVE IT GOOD GRAVY WHAT IS UP WITH THAT OH MAN MAKES ME NUTS THAT KIND OF CRAP JEEZ
  • Subowski
    Options
    I'm British so don't really get the university comment, but I see what you mean. Practising what you preach goes a long way towards credibility......
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Gotta love judgemental people.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Sorry but even a Nutritionist can have medical problems that contribute to weight issues... they are humans who have probably dealt with the same relative issues as others, etc.

Personally speaking, I have a bonafide medical condition that is the main cause of my weight problems and Im thankful the practitioners who see me as their patient (and in other cases as their fellow co-worker) dont pass judgement on me.

I also work with people in the Finance Division who have secured degrees from Univ of Phoenix who are very reputable workers - in healthcare...
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I can tell you exactly the right things to do to lose weight. I'm not fat because I lack in knowledge. I'm fat because I lack self control.

Same reason I wasn't a virgin on my wedding night, but that's another thread...
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My mom's friend is about 300lbs and has diabetes... His NUTRITIONIST is 400lbs !!!

It's like "yeah okay, where did you get your nutritionist degree... Axia College / University of Phoenix ?"

I wanted to be a nutritionist but decided not to because of this exact reason. I didn't feel right telling someone how to eat if I wasn't fit. Maybe later on.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    So?
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

there are plenty of people who go to more prestigious schools and don't know what they are doing.

YEP. Seriously.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I can tell you exactly the right things to do to lose weight. I'm not fat because I lack in knowledge. I'm fat because I lack self control.

*kitten*

Pot, meet kettle.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options

bahahaha omg made me laugh. Because it's so true. Almost everyone knows what to do, the problem is actually doing it.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    FYI, being a "nutritionist" doesn't require that much in most states.

Becoming a dietician, on the other hand, does. Almost anyone with an interest in nutrition can legally call themselves a "nutritoinist."

http://www.clinicalnutritioncenter.com/meet-our-medical-weight-loss-professionals/registered-dietitians-nutritionists/registered-dietitian-vs-nutritionist/

Also, bashing an accredited university degree as "inferior" is kinda lame too.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options

I've never wanted to lick your face more than I do right now. God, I hope you taste like twinkies. :tongue:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

Yeah okay, but why are you so angry?

Edited to add: And another thing; was that Axia College/ University of Phoenix jab supposed to be funny or clever?

What a horrible thing to say.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

u mad?
  • MizAngie
    MizAngie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Now that made me laugh...thank you
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    1350266728700480_animate.gif