Ready for the last 5 to 10 : Six pack in the making

Options
Hey everyone,

I'm here to introduce myself as a brand new member.

I have already achieved my main weight loss goal of 25lbs with Weightwatchers over a period of 6 months and since have maintained for a few after. Over that time, which started almost a year ago now, I've started to becoming heavy into athletics, which has always been a dream of mine. I went from being a casual swimmer to a regular masters class swimmer and also became a runner (which I have fallen in love with!) all in the goal to someday partake in triathlons which is getting closer and closer! Just over a month or so ago I became a member of a triathalon club, have added spinning to my repetoire. So, my training has gotten pretty wonderfully intense. As my regular dose of endorphins has risen so has my desire to shake off these last 5 to 10 lbs (I'm thinking probably more closer to 5 than 10, but we'll see) in search a defined set of abs-the badge of honor!

Looking at some other womens photos, I've noticed that I am not alone in this desire. I stopped WW because, once my heavy training started, I found that the points system was a bit to restricted/not really adapted for althetes (in the making). I didn't want to continue thiking of food as something I need to eat as minimally as possible in order to stay at a "good weight" but as fuel for my sports and activites, to keep a *healthy* not just a small body. I'm hoping to find some others for encouragement with whom I can share this mentality with!

Replies

• djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i lost my 80 pounds over the last year and similarly im just trying to maintain and get in great shape at the same time!
  • kaligatehouse
    kaligatehouse Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am at the same point as you, unfortunately not as active but still getting there! I have aprrox 5 kilos to go! Feel free to add me :)
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    as long as your able to get some exercise in and keep up the healthy eating youll reach your goal for sure :) just gotta give it time!!