Skechers Shape-ups

TreasureBox77
TreasureBox77 Posts: 2 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone tried Skechers Shape Up sneakers? Do you really think they help with walking? I'm very new to excercise and have started walking atleast a mile a day. I hope to increase that, but I'm looking for a good walking shoe. Can anyone suggest something if this one isn't a good idea.

Replies

• TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    I've heard of them and seen them, along with other brands with the same principle. For me, they werent worth the money, but thats me.

I walk too, and the one I like the best is Avia. They have a nice walking shoe that is comfortable and durable. I tried Nike, Reeboks, New Balance etc all on and none of them felt as good right from the get-go as the Avia's.

Penney's has them and I got them on sale for $34/pair.
  • ocd1958
    ocd1958 Posts: 4
    Sketchers Shape Ups are a waste of money....they are just an advertising gimick.....

Asics are great shoes....I agree also about Avia....keep walking....
  • sunshine525
    sunshine525 Posts: 18 Member
    A friend of mine tried them. She highly recommends them. I think I want to try them because they are supposed to reduce the stress to your knees. You can check them out on skechers.com.
  • auntbitsy
    auntbitsy Posts: 14 Member
    I haven't worn them, but the responses in this thread are the first and only negative ones I've seen. Everyone else I've heard comment on them have LOVED them.
  • My wife has a pair and she really likes them. I second the Avia suggestion. I found a pair on sale for $24. I wish now I had bought 2 pair. I walk 30+ mi. per week and the Avia's are my fav.
  • AndiRae67
    AndiRae67 Posts: 2 Member
    I can't speak to Shape-ups, but I've tried and love MBT's! They were great for reducing or eliminating knee pain and lower back pain for me. Less pain = more incentive to walk = weight loss!!! I can't say my hiney is any firmer, maybe after more weight loss I'll be able to tell!
  • pperigo
    pperigo Posts: 1
    I love mine. They make your workout a little harder and you certainly feel it in your hips and thighs. They are also easier on your knees. Love Them!!!
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    A friend of mine is a nurse and works 12 hour shifts and has chronic back pain. She says that they worth every penny.
  • pojo30
    pojo30 Posts: 62
    I haven't tried them, but they are intended to correct posture, which then helps to make your core stronger. Many ortho's have sold similar shoes for years.
  • TreasureBox77
    TreasureBox77 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks everyone for your input. Skechers are so expensive. I really didn't expect them to cost over $100. It seems like a big investment for me right now. Maybe I'll start with some of the others that were suggested and then move up to the Sketchers later.
  • Canzonet
    Canzonet Posts: 4 Member
    I bit the bullet about 4 months ago and bought the Skechers. I've never spent that much money on sneaks before, but I had heard so many great reviews, I figured I'd go for it. I LOVE THEM!!! They're the most comfortable walking shoes I've ever had and I do believe they've helped with posture and also muscle tone. I agree that they're worth every penny.
This discussion has been closed.