Weigh in day?

Options
I weigh in on monday. Do most people? And my next question this monday coming up is six weeks til december 31st? Anyone wanna help me start some sort of challenge that for six weeks the same time eCh nite we check in on how the day went? Maybe try to exercise 3 or 4 times a week and stay under calories each day. Anyone interested?

Replies

• darbest
    Options
    Want to hear something funny? I do not weight myself anymore. The scale seems to run my life so at the age of 58 I am done. I weighed myself when I first started and I will not weight myself for about three to four months, or maybe never. I am going to go by my clothes. Have you ever heard of the classes thin with in? What they usually say is: If you are going to start a diet Monday what would you do all weekend. Answer that one, its pretty interesting. I look beautiful now: God Bless
    Darlene
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I am in....I have 6 weeks to reach my goal.... I have 6 lbs to lose.... I am really good at motivating others and have been working on weight loss for the last 1.5 years and have lost 50lbs....missing the 6lbs to finally achieve my goal...and I want to tone and firm things up.

I am eating 1200 calories a day and doing the 30 Day Shred.

What have you been doing? Wat is your goal?

I weigh myself everyday.... I like to see the fluctuations and how my body reacts on a daily basis...but I only rrecord my new lowest weight after keeping itt for a few days.... but you have to be able to handle gains and stuff..
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    only 1200 calories a day??
  • kaligatehouse
    kaligatehouse Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would be interested! I have started weighing myself every wednesday as I got a little obsessed with weighing myself everyday and getting dissapointed by the 100 gram gains that my body had occasionally.
  • CynthiaCollin
    Options
    If I workout I eat more... either half or all of my exercise calories...I am only 5'2 and it is what MFP suggests I consume and what has worked for me to lose 50lbs.... and hopefully my last 6lbs
  • djames92
    Options
    ohhh okay i was thinking only 1200 calories on days you workout isnt enough even if your are 5 2 but that makes sense now
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    The first time I weighed myself before starting MFP was on a Wednesday afternoon. SOOOOOOO that's when I weigh myself each week. Actually, I weigh myself every day, but only enter my weight on Wednesday afternoons. I am always about 2 pounds less in the morning, but I want my recorded weight to be in the afternoon, fully clothed. But that's just me! Whenever you weigh, the important thing is that you are losing weight, feeling better in your clothes, and getting healthy!
  • CynthiaCollin
    Options
    1200 is only on sedentary days... I love food too much....lol

@djames92....what have you been doing ? You are looking great !
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I weigh in Thursday mornings, and this is when I "check-in" on MFP. I also get weighed and recorded on Monday nights at my TOPS meeting. I thought about changing my MFP weigh-in to Mondays as well, but I decided I like having two weigh-in days because it tends to keep me in check all week.
  • djames92
    Options
    well thank you :)
    i actually used to weigh 230-245 pounds somewhere in there but i got really motivated and went on a diet, i started out by just cutting out fast food, junk food, and soda but ive been modifying my diet as i go along
    also ive been hitting the gym as much as possible for a while now. other then that there alot of specifics but thats the main idea
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'm down.

Internet support group go!

I curretnly have goals of working our regularly and eating the right amount of calories most of the time but my REAL challenge goals are no beer till Turkey Day, then none again till 12/15 when I'm going to a brewery.
    Then none again till maybe xmas where I shall feast on quails and IPAs!!!

These short periods without beer may seem like nothing, but it's really something to me. I love beer so much and it hinders my weights loss. so the breaks help.

As for weighing in...
    Monday's seems reasonable
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I reccently decided to move my weigh in day from a Tuesday to a Wednesday. I lift weights on Mondays and find my body retains water after a weight session (I'm always up about 1/2 a lb. I know this because I weigh myself nearly every day). It doesn't really matter what day you choose to weigh but make sure it's the same time of day. Mornings are best before eating and after going to the bathroom
  • anniebelle26
    anniebelle26 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Mon morns..That way..I know its coming so I really watch what I eat on the weekends. Works for me!!