Who's up for doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred together?

Options
Okay so I have done JM's 30 day shred before, but lets just say I have never given it the full 30 days. I am so committed to losing weight and getting into shape that I would like to finally give it a try again. I plan on being 100% committed to the cause. Anyone interested please join me and lets see what results we get. I started on the 9th, did it for 2 or 3 days and stopped. So today is my official DAY 1! I just finished it and I feel great. I know we all have busy lives wit work and kids, but taking 20 minutes out of your full 24 hr day should be quite manageable. I will post before and after photos when the 30 days is complete! Who's with me!

Replies

• CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I am with you! I have been doing it for the last days....but since I already did it before, eaach day I do a different level...yester L1 today L2 tomorrow L3 and then start over. Love this work out ! I feel I get the most out of this 25mins....effective and I feel great ! SO I am with you!!!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I was just saying yesterday that I need to start it again.
    I'm in!
  • hush7hush
    Options
    I'll probably have to start it on Friday, but I think it'd be awesome if we posted back here about how we feel after the workout & the changes we're noticing and such. It should help us all stay on track! :)
  • chengjer123
    Options
    I'm in. I started on on 11/8/12, but skip on Sat & Sun and pick it back up on Monday. I will try to committe to do it everyday, but it just hard when I travel on the weekend.
  • welfeln
    welfeln Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting it next Friday (after Thanksgiving). That way Thanksgiving doesn't fall in the middle and I will be finished a day or so before Christmas. :)
  • LadyLuckAJ
    LadyLuckAJ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I actually started doing it on tuesday to add to my CLX program as extra. So far since it is not too long i decided to give the 30 days a go. so i am in!
  • vintagejewel
    vintagejewel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    whoop, whoop! I'm excited ladies! I have a local friend who will be starting on Friday as well. No matter when we all start lets just be sure to come back to this post and give feedback on how everyone is maintaining and progressing. I've never gone past level 1! Shame on me. A little nervous about it. Any suggestions on when exactly to progess to level 2 and 3?
  • hush7hush
    Options
    I've gone through all three levels.

I've heard people say they think level 2 is the hardest, but personally it was my favourite. Too much floor work on level 3. Level 1 got so dull for me after day 4/5, by then I was just aching to move on to the next level.

I can't give much suggestion on progress, really. I did ten full days of each level, and it seemed like a good amount of time to prep your body for the next level (regardless of whether you skip a day or not). I noticed if I skipped a day between workouts, it made me more sore the next time I did it. Also, I'd suggest adding in a bit of your own cardio. It's a great workout, but if your goal is to lose a significant amount of weight, the calorie burn isn't really high enough to rely on for your sole source of exercise.
  • LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm in. :)
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started 30 DS back in October. I did all 10 days of Level 1 straight and didn't see much improvement. For Level 2 I decided to do shred, shred, cardiac and started losing weight again. Tomorrow will be my first day of Level 3. Someone suggested drinking chocolate milk after working out to help from getting so sore. I thought it sounded too good to be true, so I googled it and there was an article on WebMD that backed it up. I can't swear that it helped since I didn't try it until I started Level 2, but I haven't got as sore as I did the 1st 3 days.