Tired of being fat

So I am waiting 6 months due to insurance requirements for lap band but in the meantime I decided to actually take a stab at losing the weight I put on over the years. I've been reducing calories like crazy and trying to get exercise in on a daily basis. And have been unmotivated by the lack in loss for the past week. I'm taking phentermine right now and it seems to somewhat help. I'm 28 and do not want to hit 30 being this big!

Hoping to meet people in the same boat and it would be really cool if they were local because I am looking for a committed workout partner!

Replies

• Just out of curiosity when you say you're unmotivated b/c of the lack of loss this week do you mean you'd been cutting calories and working out for a week and didn't loose anything or you've been doing this for a while and hit a plateau this week?
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Keep it up bab!

It can take a while for the body to get used to a new regime of weight loss i know i didn't lose anything really for a few weeks and then i lost 12 pounds one week! Then put some back on and now i've lost it again lol so it can be a bit disheartening at times. You haven't stated what calories you are eating. Just make sure you aren't cutting out too many all at once as this can be detrimental as well to weight loss.

I'm sure you'll get to your goal :)
  • RedHeadHotMama
    RedHeadHotMama Posts: 50 Member
    Keep logging and working out. Maybe you won't even need the lap band. :) Feel free to add me.