zumba

Options
I worked out with a zumba tape and when I went to add it to the excercise I didn't see it listed to see how many calories I used... Can someone help me... what else would it be under
:smile:

Replies

• denise148
    denise148 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I put zumba under dance.
  • cofcof62
    cofcof62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    But it asked you how many calories burned in 20 minutes... what did you put
  • munchlaxx
    munchlaxx Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    A more accurate estimate would be to check your heart rate after working out and input the info here: http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm
  • zumbachelle
    zumbachelle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I use ballroom dancing for zumba..until i got a heart rate monitor and now I put exactly what I burn
  • cherikasalzmann
    Options
    I use to go to Zumba 6 days a week but I have had to slow down due to a back injury. What I have been told is that you burn anywhere from 400 to 800 calories see below:

" During an hour long session you can burn anywhere from 500 to 800 calories. On average, a 150-lb. person can expect to burn 536 calories during an hour of Zumba. By comparison, the same person would burn 413 calories during an hour of moderate swimming, 477 for an hour of casual racquetball and 684 for an hour of running at a 10-minute-mile pace.

Read more: How Many Calories Do You Burn During One Hour of Zumba? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5368632_many-during-one-hour-zumba_.html#ixzz2CFNkLgy2"

because I have never monitored it myself I log about 500 calories. Most of my friend that take Zumba also do about the same.
    Hope that helps!
  • ocbrenda
    ocbrenda Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I go under zumbacalories
  • jgsparks89
    jgsparks89 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I weigh 200 lbs and am 5'6"....I wear a HR monitor and it says I burn any wear from 490 to 520 Cal in my 1 hour Zumba class. But, it's pretty intense (lots of jumping, fast paced songs) compared with the Zumba tapes I have done. I would probably just log it as dance, in your case.
  • almyta77
    Options
    Is Zumba effective for weight loss if you're on a 1600 calorie diet?
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    you can create your own exercise

use www.zumbacalories.com to have an idea how much calories you burn
  • jgsparks89
    jgsparks89 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Is Zumba effective for weight loss if you're on a 1600 calorie diet?

It has been for me! I lost really consistently when I was going three to four days a week, and I rarely did any other cardio. I have recently had to back off because my schedule has gotten so busy so I go only twice a week most of the time now. I am on a 1600 Cal diet and have lost 20 lbs so far in the past 4 to 5 months.
  • christy3952
    christy3952 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can go to: http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

I then put it under dance, aerobic and try to match what the web-site above says I burned.

I also use my Mio Motiva Petite to see how many calories I burn during class or while I use on Zumba on the Wii.