Detox Bath for Weight Loss

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    I tried, but I was unable to drink the entire tubful.

You were doing it wrong.

cheetos-girl-in-bath.jpg
  • anniebelle26
    anniebelle26 Posts: 43 Member
    Wow..theres some very funny people on this site..I love it!!
  • anniebelle26
    anniebelle26 Posts: 43 Member
    It tastes even worse after youve soaked in it for a while lol
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Ok, this would obviously not be my main source of weight loss.I would eat healthy and exercise..I am going back on what I called my "Honduras and Nicaragua Mission Trip Diet"...........for those who tried the detox bath did you lose any weight?

Uhmmm, it would not be any source of weight loss......
  • neon7girl
    neon7girl Posts: 230 Member
    Oh yea..everything on the internet is true.. I forgot.

Don't you think that if this 'diet' was real, we'd all be soaking daily and naturally skinny?

Sorry, some things are just so idiotic, like the 'three day military diet' post from another day. People are gullible to the max.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    ONE! ONE ridiculous theory! AH HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Honey, you aren't going to lose anything from this. If it relaxes you, and you enjoy it, then do it, but those are the only benefits.
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member

You were doing it wrong.

cheetos-girl-in-bath.jpg

I love this! :laugh:
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    You can't lose weight soaking in a tub. You don't lose weight by sprinkling flavor enhancer on your food. You don't lose weight with shakes and supplements. There is no magic pill.

You lose weight by consuming less calories than you use.
  • Sorry, but that's pseudoscience. Decreasing your energy intake is what results in an actual loss of fat.
  • arodin34
    arodin34 Posts: 1 Member
    I take a bath in epsome salt and baking soda at least 1 time per week and more if I can find time. However, I don't do To lose weight but if you are feeling bloated it Can definitely help you eliminate some excess water you might be carrying. The baking soda just makes my skin soft. All in all it just helps to ease my sore muscles.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    No joke, you can lose weight by saying Ralph 3 times a day. All you have to do is after each meal shove a spoon down your throat until you say RAAAALLLPPPHH!
  • LMAOOOO :laugh: sorry but it was really funny..... I dont think it would work though
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Just step back for a minute and think how the devil this would work? What possible biochemical processes in your body is this type of bath going to stimulate that fat just melts away? What toxins (and be specific now) are you going to purge from your body? How?

Apply a touch of skepticism, please.
  • Caution: Do not take detox baths with epsom salt if you have heart trouble, high blood pressure, or are diabetic. :wink:
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    If this is a serious question then the answer is NO, it will not aid in weight loss. Not generally anyway. IF a person is inclined to take a bunch of high cal food into the bath with them and munch for the whole hour they soak, and then they stop that practice and "fast" while they soak, it might lead to cal deficit...or it might not.

I have used a salt bath in the past for relaxation. Equal amounts of epsom salts, sea salt, and baking soda. I mix up a big batch and divide into one cup portions. It actually is more relaxing than soaking in plain warm water. And it leaves my skin feeling very smooth.

Maybe the person who claimed they lost weight, soaked long enough that they had to pee and when they got on the scale they were down a pound....water weight only.

Enjoy
  • Hellie24
    Hellie24 Posts: 18 Member
    Well you have all made me laugh ..thanks its been a long day at work .. especially the photo in the bath full of wotsits...
    I think we can all be taken in by these "diet & weightloss" plans... years ago I went to a beauty salon & was wrapped in somekind of clay bandages then wrapped in clingfilm & zipped into a big bag to sweat it all out...
    YES really I did this & lost a few inches but unfortunatly 20 yrs later I'm still here trying to lose those pounds...
    but yes my skin did feel great after ... as a previous member & my partner keep reminding me the only way to lose weight is to eat less & do more I'm afraid.....:-)
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    I am going back on what I called my "Honduras and Nicaragua Mission Trip Diet"...

My parents go on medical missions trips and lose SO much weight on them.